Intesis WMP gateway

Hello,

I have installed 6 Intesis WMP gateways to control Mitsubishi mini split units. I am running everything in degrees Celsius for better consistency, since that is how the Mitsubishi units work natively.

Initially, the WMP gateways would only operate in full degree celsius increments, even though the Mitsubishi units operate in half degree celsius (verified with Mitsubishi engineers as well as local mitsubishi controller).
After upgrading the WMP units to the latest firmware, the WMP units now allow the setpoints to be set in half degree Celsius increments to match the Mitsubishi protocol which is great, however the ambient temperature reported by Mitsubishi is still being rounded to full degree Celsius increments by the WMP gateway, even though the Mitsubishi units is providing those readings in half degree celsius increments via the Mitsubishi protocol (verified with Mitsubishi engineers and local Mitsubishi controller).

Would it be possible to correct the WMP gateway firmware further such that the ambient temperature readings are reported in half degree Celsius increments as well, and not rounded to full degree Celsius, to allow for more accurate control?

Thank you.

Jean Gottschalk

Hello Jean,

I will submit this request to our team in Spain. I will update you once i recieved confirmation.

Thank you Kevin.

Jean

THX for your

Kevin,

Do you have any feedback from this request placed a month ago?

Thank you.

Jean

Issue resolved in ticket

Hi Kevin,

where is the resolution to this ticket? Have they released a new firmware?

Jean

Hello,

Could someone please advise as to the status of this request?

Jean

Hello Jean,

I’ll get the official statement for you.

Hello Jean,

The units use a base measurment of Farenhiet, and then gets converted to Celsius. Due to the conversion celsius units are not able to make that fine of a adjustment. I have submitted a request for this a month back, but they have not moved foward as it would require a complete overhault of the programming. I will continue to monitor the request for any updates.

Hi Kevin,

I believe this is incorrect. The Mitsubishi units definitely use Celsius, and not Farenheit. Also the socket communication interface of the Intesis box with the external control system also uses Celsius. I have captured that communication as well as interacted with the Intesis box directly via a socket interface, and this is definitely all celsius.
Furthermore, the unit had the same issue (rounding) regarding the celsius setpoints and this was fixed via firmware. They just need to apply the same fix for the ambient temperature reported by the unit.

Is it possible to speak directly to a developer in Spain who would understand what I am talking about?

Jean