IP Address zeroes on power cycle

Hello,

We have 46 ABX/Ethernet/IP gateways and a few of them zero out on power cycle. Could you help us identify what is happening?

Thank you,

What is the model or article number of the device? (AB####)

What may be happening is the IP address is being reset by the dip switches. These are located by the ethernet jack on most X-Gateways. Make sure they are all off.

AB7682, all dip switches are off.

Are these devices all on the same network? Is it the same devices always doing this?

It could be caused by an IP address conflict if there are two devices with the same IP address.

Can you use FTP to check what is stored in the ‘etccfg.cfg’ file? (credentials are ABX : FTPAccess)

All on same network, not sure if its same devices will keep a log. No same ip address. How do I enter credentials for ftp?

Connect to the devices IP Address using an FTP client (I recommend Filezilla):

ethcfg.cfg (727 Bytes)

Perfect - is this from one of the devices that have shown this IP resetting behavior?

Yes

I saw the case number is there any way to see if there is any progress into this or if we can provide feedback?

Yes, you can follow the ticket at: https://mysupport.hms.se

I know that a couple of the support people for IXXAT are out of the office for a few days this week, but we should hear back from someone soon.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.