Is there a Quickconnect API?

Hello, I am developing an app to increase productivity and efficiency for the support team at my job. We use a Netbiter and use Quickconnect to login remotely to our PLC’s and I was wondering if there was a way to automatically open Quickconnect put in the username and password (which i have stored in a database) login and then open a Secure Shell / VNC Viewer so that all the user has to do is click on the particular PLC location they want to log into and it does it automatically instead of going through the whole process of looking up the user name and password, opening quickconnect, copy and paste the username and password, connecting and bridging the networks, then opening VNC or SmarTTY and connecting to the IP address needed? I want to be able to just click a login button next to the name or IP address and have a window popup of a connection to either VNC Viewer or SSH session… Is that possible?

I was thinking if there was a quickconnect API I could integrate it into my application.

Hello Jessie,

We do not have an API for interacting with quickconnect.

What would be the best work around to be able to do what I’m intending (which is create a LOGIN button that automatically copies and pastes the username and password into quickconnect and connects… Or can I write my own quickconnect API?

I do not have a good workaround for something like this. Quickconnect does utilize a custom version of Chromium, you might be able to utilize something there to manage the login. This would not be something we would be able to support you with.

Can’t I just write a script that automatically opens up the users browser and pulls the username and password for the specific connection from a MySQL database and prefill the 2 fields username and password and password on the login form? Would the url be something like this?

Hi @jessie.cryobuilt ,

It is not designed to be used in this way. We can not guarantee something like this would work.