Issues with an ab7006

@anonubintvhp
Hi Dean,

Just recapping what we were talking about before, you were saying that the LED 1,3, and 4 are solid green, 2 was off, 5 was flashing red/green, and 6 was flashing green. You said that it was previously installed by an OEM and that it had been working from 2009 until just recently.

Here’s the page of status LEDs as a reference:

Tim,

I’ve learned a lot more about this system since yesterday. There are actually 5 serial devices connected to this module. 4 are powered down and labeled “out of service”, they also are generating the comm fault, but I ignored these yesterday as those alarms were already active before I touched anything. Once I got connected to the anybus module and saw the folder structure I understood that subnet is the serial side of this device. I cycled power on the serial device and it started communicating. Previously I had cycled power on the anybus module and controlnet scanner. LED 5 is still alternating green/red. Is this because 4 of the 5 devices are powered off and not communicating?

Current LED status 1, 3, and 4 are solid green, 5 is flashing red/green, and 6 is flashing green. The 1 active device is communicating.

Thanks

Dean

Can you try and connect to the device and see if you can go online with it in the configuration manager?

Yes I can, did that yesterday. Saved configuration from both machines. Anything in particular you want me to check?

can you try taking a log of the device and see whats showing up on the tx and rx side

Mother board failed on my laptop, parts on back order, don’t have a date from dell at this time. I am going to wait until I hear from dell, hopefully I wont have to install the software on another machine.

Tim,

I installed anybus software on this loaner machine. Attached are 2 log files from flake 1 this morning.

Thanks

Dean

Flake1190624_0902.txt (33.5 KB)

Flake1190624_0903.txt (33.4 KB)

From what I’m seeing in the logs it looks like it’s transmitting and receiving.

Are you seeing any collisions in the sub-network monitor?

Tim,

It is communicating with the 1 device that we still use. The other 4 are powered down. LED 5 still flashing red/green. I will have to check subnet collisions after I learn how to check that.

Dean

You should be able to get to this here

just make sure you do an upload from the communicator first

Dean Colaianni

Controls Engineer

This email may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information that is intended solely for the use of the addressee. See the full S2i – Smartech Systems, Inc. Email Disclaimer www.s2iEng.com

Node monitor

Dean Colaianni

Controls Engineer

Flake1NodeMonitor.docx (329 KB)

Tim,

What’s your phone #?

Thanks

Dean

Dean Colaianni

Topic closed due to inactivity.