Issues with Wifi setup

Thanks for the information! I am looking at alternatives also.

Hi Deryck,

I am following up with my distributors support, my logs look very similar to those Trevor supplied. We have also tested multiple eWons and Wi-Fi cards. The IT support on site are saying that the authentication is failing after a time, which is very strange as we connect initially. The authentication is WPA2-AES.
I have tested laptops and phone on the 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi network and they all prove stable and don’t disconnect, these have been tested in the same physical location on site.
I have also tested the connection to the eWon in situe using a Wi-Fi hotspot and this proved stable, however the authentication was WPA2-PSK.

The AP/WLAN in question we are struggling with is, are there any known issues or configurations that could cause issues?

Wireless AP:

WLAN Controller:
Cisco - 5500

James

Hi James,

Could you give me a call at 312 893 5636 when you’re free? Or could we set up a time when I can take a closer look at this device?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Support would be great, I don’t have time this week. Can you setup a meeting for 19th at your convenience? I am on GMT time. Thanks.

Hi James,

I will unfortunately be out of town all of next week and our office will be closed on the 22nd and 23rd. I can help you out this week if that’s possible, or my colleague could try and help you out on Monday.

In the meantime, can you send us a backup file of the device with the support files included from eBuddy?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry but I’m not available this week. If you could set something up for Monday that would be great.

I have attached the eWon file as required.

Best Regards,

James DawsonMOVED TO STAFF NOTE (177 KB)

Hi James,

@deryck_hms should be able to help you out on monday.

-Tim

Hi Tim,

Sorry I have been bust this week. I am on the clients site next Tuesday/Wednesday, I have also purchased a HMS bolt as a backup device for connecting to the WLAN. I see that although I confirmed it via the sales department at HMS for the bolt, I cannot apply a static IP through the web interface as DHCP on site isn’t an option.

I have to get connected and working next Tuesday/Wednesday assistance would be appreciated as I now have two products at my disposal.

Best Regards,

James Dawson

Hi James,

I should be available from 10-12 and 3-5 Eastern Standard Time for Tuesday and Wednesday. Is there a time that works better for you?

-Tim

Hi James,

Just wanted to see if this was still an issue before I close this ticket

Thanks,
-Tim