Limitations of Datamailbox from Free to Pro

I have heard the limitation is:

Limits are:

• Pro : 30000 calls/ewon/month
  • Free+ : 10000 calls/ewon/month

But now the website states:

Up to 500.000 points per month Up to 3.000.000 points per month

Can someone clarify the limitations of Free versus Pro please?

@wemo

The limitations for DataMailbox and M2Web APIs are as follows:

• The number of M2Web API calls per account is limited to 10 calls/secs (aggregated over all users under the account), up to an aggregate maximum of 30.000 calls/day/account. The typical access period has been designed for 10 minutes (the service is not meant for real time data access).

• The number of DMWeb API calls is limited to 1 DataMailbox synchronization (or data lookup) per minute (average, computed over a month). The typical retrieval period has been designed for 10 minutes (the service is not meant for real time data access).

• For Talk2M Free+ accounts, Ewon devices can upload up to a maximum of 5,000,000 datapoints per month to the Talk2M DataMailbox service. API calls will return a specific message once the limit has been reached (excessive datapoints are disregarded).

• For Talk2M Pro accounts, Ewon devices can upload unlimited number of datapoints per month to the Talk2M DataMailbox service. Over 10,000,000 datapoints per month, additional data upload is charged to the Talk2M account owner.

• Datapoints are buffered for maximum 10 calendar days by the Talk2M DataMailbox service. Datapoints older than 10 days are automatically deleted.

Please note, data is only stored in the DataMailbox cloud for 10 days and then it is overwritten with new data.

Here’s a breakdown of Free vs Pro features.
Talk2M Pro Breakdown.pdf (180.9 KB)

I hope this helps clarify. For more information, visit our developer site at http://developer.ewon.biz

Can you define what a datapoint is? Is it a record w/ all tags or is it one value of one tag? That limit seems small because the Flexy holds 1 million time date stamps.

Best regards,
Wes Moore

Sure! One data point equates to one value of one tag at a specific point in time. To put it in perspective, if you are logging one tag every second, over a 24-hour period that would equal 86,400 data points.

The DataMailbox is not meant as a permanent storage location–it is meant as a temporary and flexible solution to use the cloud to move data from the Flexy to another server or application for permanent storage or usage.

1 Like

I am also working on this w/ Josh to get clarification. I know the storage is temporary but the data throughput seems really unusable for any account w/ over 10 Flexys.

Best regards,
Wes Moore

Continuing with that thought my understanding is that the Data mailbox operates on a first in first out principle. So I assume this means any data that is over 10 days old is overwritten with new data, regardless of whether or not you have hit the threshold of 500k points. Is that accurate? Similarly does that mean that the most the DataMailbox can store at ANY given time is 500k points with free+? For example if I logged 10 million points I would only get the latest 500k?

Thank you in advance.

@jrcdupree

This is correct.

1 Like

Thank you. That helps.