Limiting User Access to Specific Cosy Gateways

I have a manufacturer who is using Cosy devices to give external contractors access to machines on the factory floor. The manufacturer owns the Cosy devices and has them under a single account. They would like to limit the specific Cosy that each vendor can access based on their user account. For example, Contractor 1 can access Cosy A and B, while Contractor 2 can access Cosy C and D. Is there a document that explains how to do this?

The feature you are requesting would only be available in a Talk2M PRO account. You can review the following links below for a comprehensive look, but I will give an overview of some of the information here.

Talk2M Free+
Talk2M PRO

Account Types & Restrictions

Free+
While a Free+ account offers very versatile firewalling, it does not have the ability to restrict specific users to specific devices. With a Free+ account you can limit access to devices that are not explicitly defined but that would be on a global basis.

A Free+ account offers 2 levels of firewalling, standard and high.

• Standard
    • Default firewall level.
    • Provides access to all connected LAN devices
    • Displays as an open padlock in eCatcher
  • High
    • The most restrictive firewall available on a Free+ account.
    • Restricts access to only those devices that are defined in the LAN devices
    • Displays as a closed padlock with the devices listed.

PRO
A PRO account offers a much higher level of flexibility in terms of user management and restrictions. With a PRO account, not only can you limit specific users to specific eWON devices and LAN devices, you can go as far as restricting specific ports to specific devices. This offers a very high level of security and customization. Many OEM customers can use a PRO account to sell a service to their customers by limiting them to only a single device in the account. .

For example, in the below image we have our account administrators who are able to dole out permissions to 2 different group managers. From there the managers give their individual user groups permissions to specific eWON pools. Within these pools are only the devices that the users may connect to.

While a PRO account offers the same level of firewalling as the Free+ account, you will additionally get 2 more levels of firewalling.

Note: Standard and High are not included in the below list, though the remain the same

• Enforced
    • Similar to high, only the defined devices are reachable
    • Gateways are restricted unless defined (USB and Serial PLC gateways)
    • All eWON services remain accessbile (ftp, http, etc)
  • Ultra
    • The highest level of restriction offered.
    • All restrictions from previous levels remain true
    • Restrict access to eWON services as well

There was a lot of information in this and I hope it is sufficient. Please let me know if you have any further questions.