Link/activity status signals (NW_LED3B, NW_LED4B) are not driven by NP40 (RMII enabled)

Hello,

We’re working on a project embedding NP40, 2 Ethernet PHYs and a microprocessor.

RMII is established between NP40 and the microprocessor’s MAC: connections were made as per schematic you provided us (see picture below).

Therefore, we set attribute #16 (GPIO configuration) equal to 0002h in the Anybus object (01h), in order to ensure those GPIO pins create RMII interface, as specified in “Anybus® CompactCom™ 40 - Software Design Guide”.

Moreover, we connected 2 LEDs (and pullup resistances) to NP40’s H16 (NW_LED3B) and F16 (NW_LED4B) pins, respectively, as per your schematic.

Then, we established an Ethernet communication between NP40 itself and pc (through 1 PHY and then the other).

The result is that Ethernet link is working (detected activity through Wireshark, link status LED blinks on pc side), but NP40 doesn’t drive H16 and F16 pins (link status LEDs keep off).

Could you please support us? Are there any software settings which enable those 2 pins?

Kind Regards,

Lorenzo

@Leonardo_Mora

Hello @lorenzo_mazzoli ,

With the technical aspect of this question i would recommend opening a support case on support.hms-networks.com. This will get you in touch with your local support team who will be able to better assist you.

I recommend including details on your application. Are you using the transparent Ethernet version of the compactcom?

Hello @deryck_hms,

thanks for your reply.

We’re not using the compactcom but just the NP40 chip and yes, we’re using it in transparent Ethernet version.
Anyway, I’ll open a ticket on support.hms-networks.com.

Best regards,
Lorenzo