Load the CAN dbc file in Labview for USB-to-CAN V2 compact interface

My colleague mentioned this to me when I was first discussing this question with him. “Weatherchannel database and the corresponding VCIFSLSample.cpp has already Receive- and Transmit signals.
The pTxSignalSet is also loaded from the database and will then transmitted cyclic on CAN bus.”
The example already has both transmit and receive capabilities.

Deryck

Hi @deryck_hms

Thanks for your reply!

I have looked into the VCIFSLSample.cpp and into the manual but it looks a bit too complicated for me. I don’t know if the VCIFSLSample.exe file should work but on my PC it allows me to set the can device and then the command prompt shuts down.
As a beginner in LabVIEW coding and coding, in general, I think this application is a bit too hard to understand.

Is there an example file of how this application can be implemented in a LabVIEW application?
Otherwise, I don’t think it is possible for me to use this part of coding.

Thanks for the great support @deryck_hms!

Regards,
Sander

Hello @SanderH,

Unfortunately, we do not have another example available.

Deryck

Hello,

My colleagues over in German were able to put together a LAB view demo.

2020-03-19-Signal-Demo-41.vi (52.5 KB)

Best regards,
Deryck

Hello @deryck_hms

Thanks, looks promising!
I will take a look if I can use this in the ongoing project, keep you posted.

Best regards,
Sander Heins

Hello @deryck_hms,
I am interested about the topic regarding the possibility to import the DBC file. Could you help me for this? thank you

Best Regard,
Ciro

Hello @Ciro_Esposito,

What are you interested in in particular?

Deryck

Hi,
Regarding the possibility to implement the DBC file in your software. Is there a way to do it? Thank you

Hello Ciro,

DBC is possibly but last time I was dealing with this it required beta drivers. I will need to check if this is still the case.

Deryck

The VCI V4.0.925.0 has a frame and signal API and supports import of the DBC file.
The FSL manual is in c:\Program Files\HMS\Ixxat VCI\Manual\VCI-C++Frame-and-Signal-API_en.pdf
The FSL programming example is in c:\Users\Public\Documents\HMS\IXXAT VCI 4.0\Samples\SDK\Console\src\FSL\VCIFSLSample.cpp
​​​​​​​
The LabView API in the LabView Addon V4.0.33 does not support the import of the DBC file yet.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Regards,
Deryck

Hello,
are there any news regarding the support of importing DBC files with the LabVIEW API?

Kind regards,
T_S