Losing network connection with eWON Cosy 131

Hello,

We have several eWON Cosy 131’s that are losing connection on the WAN interface. When the router were initially configured I was able to ping the IP address of the WAN interface and the NAT’d PLC. The connections will be working from anywhere from 1 to 24 hours before dropping completely. The issue can be temporarily fixed by unplugged the ethernet cable and plugging it back the port or another WAN port. The fix only works for another 1 to 24 hours until it drop again but it consistently fixes the issue. Is there a way to determine if there is some sort of interference or look to see if this is a configuration issue?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

@willzj90

Which firmware is your device currently running?

Updating to atleast 12.1 will help with electromagnetic interference (EMI), and give us access to new logs that will indicate whether the device may be experiencing a lot of noise or interference on its switch.

How to update firmware:
https://websupport.ewon.biz/support/product/upgrade-ebuddy/upgrade-ebuddy

Hello-

It does look like we are a firmware version lower than 12.1.

Firmware version: 11.2s1

We will update the firmware and see where that gets us.

Once we update the firmware, how do we access the logs?

I also opened two topics about this issue, it didn’t seem like the first one went through…the 2nd one can be ignored…

Thanks!

@willzj90

You can access the logs by going to the device’s web interface and going to the event logs located under diagnostic.

Additionally, if you are experiencing the issue after updating the firmware then you can send us a backup (including support files) which will let us view the device settings / logs.

Quick question…can the eBuddy software be used to update an eWON remotely or do you need physical access? The devices I am troubleshooting are in another state…

Thanks!

@willzj90

It can be used remotely to update the firmware but there’s a much higher risk in damaging the device. If the connection drops during the update then your device may become unresponsive and require local access for a recovery.

Understood, thank you!