Lost connection

We have a Flexy 205 with FLB3205 cell card that was installed and working well last week. This week we we have no cell connection. No lights are illuminated on the cell card. See photo, it was unplugged from the plc in photo.

Hello,

Can you connect to the device locally and send us a backup log from eBuddy? Or if you can get the device back online, we could take a closer look at the device through your eCatcher account.

-Tim

Unfortunately, I’m not able to connect locally as the device is in Canada and I’m in MI. We are still not able to connect. If needed I can set up an account for our customer and put you in contact with someone there.

Hello,

Could you either have them call us at 312 893 5636 or could you give us a number to contact them?

Thanks,
-Tim

Thanks for the help. Please keep me updated with any progress and CCd on any communications.

Hello,

I just tried calling Phil, but it went to voicemail. I left him a message asking him to call us back when he gets the chance.

-Tim

Tim,

I’ve been told by the Phil and our team that you believe that there is a defective part? Please elaborate. I have more cell and CIM cards that I can send, but I have to know what you found. Please get back to me asap so that we can get this back up and running.

R/

Christopher Clausen
Project / Mechanical EngineerOffice: (734) 253-2904
Cell: (734) 649-9418
Main Office: (877) 280-7212
cclausen@Trucent.com
trucent.com

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail message, including any attachments, is private communication sent by Trucent, and may contain confidential, legally privileged information meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, then permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system as well as any printout thereof. Thank you.

Tim- https://forum.hms-networks.com/u/tim_hms Attached is my last email to him.

From: Bill Johnson <Bill@rsainfo.commailto:Bill@rsainfo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 2:46 PM
To: Clausen, Christopher <cclausen@Trucent.commailto:cclausen@Trucent.com>; David Fairchild <DavidF@rsainfo.commailto:DavidF@rsainfo.com>
Cc: Hugie, Jason <JHugie@Trucent.commailto:JHugie@Trucent.com>
Subject: RE: Flexy Cell Card

Hello Chris,

Do we have any idea who the talked to at HMS? As David said, if the eWON cellular module is defective the solution is very straight forward. We need to know which hardware device was determined defective by HMS support so we can get you up and going as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Johnson
Cell: 630.215.9541
bill@rsainfo.commailto:bill@rsainfo.com

[cid:image005.png@01CED093.AD6D8990]
The Right Solutions for Automation…Every Time. ©

From: Clausen, Christopher <cclausen@Trucent.commailto:cclausen@Trucent.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 1:00 PM
To: David Fairchild <DavidF@rsainfo.commailto:DavidF@rsainfo.com>
Cc: Hugie, Jason <JHugie@Trucent.commailto:JHugie@Trucent.com>; Bill Johnson <Bill@rsainfo.commailto:Bill@rsainfo.com>
Subject: RE: Flexy Cell Card

The SIM and cell card are the ones that you configured for us several months ago. The provider is AT&T and customer is located in Canada. I don’t remember hearing anything about a password. I only know what our tech and the plant have relayed. The statement that it was a manufacturing defect was made by our customer after troubleshooting with HMS’ support group.

From: David Fairchild <DavidF@rsainfo.commailto:DavidF@rsainfo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2018 1:35 PM
To: Clausen, Christopher <cclausen@Trucent.commailto:cclausen@Trucent.com>
Cc: Hugie, Jason <JHugie@Trucent.commailto:JHugie@Trucent.com>; Bill Johnson <Bill@rsainfo.commailto:Bill@rsainfo.com>
Subject: Re: Flexy Cell Card

Hi Chris,

Just to be clear, did eWON say that their cellular Flexy card was defective, or that the SIM card was defective?

If it is the former: simplest thing to do would be to put the old SIM card into the new cellular card. The Flexy will still be configured for it.

If it is the latter or both: there are a few settings that would need to be changed depending on who is the provider for the SIM card’s cell service. Primarily just the APN, unless it has a password or other features on it. The APN can be configured from the internet connection step of the Flexy’s configurations wizards.
Sent from my iPhone

David Fairchild
Applications Engineer
Order Hotline: 800.383.0025
Office: 630.377.5385tel:630.377.5385
Cell: 630.702.9588tel:630.702.9588
davidf@rsainfo.commailto:davidf@rsainfo.com
www.rsainfo.comhttp://rsainfo.com/

[cid:6A86CA35-61FE-436A-B58E-1CB124226991]
The Right Solutions for Automation…Every Time. ©
RSA, Inc. | 602 Sidwell Ct., Unit A, St. Charles, IL 60174x-apple-data-detectors://3/1

On Nov 6, 2018, at 11:52 AM, Clausen, Christopher <cclausen@Trucent.commailto:cclausen@Trucent.com> wrote:
Good afternoon David,

With regard to the cell card that we are having problems with, the tech support stated that the card has a manufacturing defect which is hindering it from connecting to a 4G network. I have another card and SIM card that I am going to send to the plant. What, if anything, do I need to do to make sure this card works?

R/

[cid:image001.jpg@01D475D8.81846430]
Christopher Clausen
Project / Mechanical Engineer
Office: (734) 253-2904
Cell: (734) 649-9418
Main Office: (877) 280-7212
cclausen@Trucent.commailto:cclausen@Trucent.com
trucent.comhttp://trucent.com/

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail message, including any attachments, is private communication sent by Trucent, and may contain confidential, legally privileged information meant solely for the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message, then permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments from your system as well as any printout thereof. Thank you.

Hello @CClausen,

Tim is traveling this week for training I will try to get an update from him regarding this issue. My suspicion is that he determined the card is dead if there are no LED’s. To possibly verified the issue again does the card get detected by the eWon as an inserted card? Do the lights turn on when you run the internet wizard with the card selected?

Deryck

Deryck,

I have added Matt Burr to this email, as he is our eWon vendor rep. and will be involved with any warranty issues.

I don’t know the answer to your questions. I put Tim in direct communication with our customer, who is in Canada. We have a connection again, but I was told that the card is defective. The only explanation that I received is that Tim said there is a manufacturing defect that is limiting the card to a 3G signal, not 4G.

I had asked Tim to make sure to include me on emails and keep me in the loop, but I haven’t heard anything from him. Additionally, that explanation does not make much sense to me, so I would like more information before replacing parts.

R/

Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay, I was out of town last week. Can you or Phil call me today when you’re free, or give me a time when you’ll be available for me to call you?

312 893 5636
-Tim

May I have an explanation on the problem? I can call in about an hour.

My morning call ended early. I am available for a phone call anytime now.

Hi Chris,

I’m trying to see if it’s an issue with the SIM card or if it’s an issue with the device. I might need a little refresher on this one because I haven’t talked with Phil in a while.

-Tim

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to check in with you. I talked with Phil again and he had spoken with Ken Freedman from enabling elements on the sim card and he was saying that there shouldn’t be any issues with the Sim Card. It also seems like the device is able to work properly with a 3G connection. The only thing that I think may be an issue is if AT&T may not allow 4G connection in other countries. I’d call with them and see if that’s something that they support. But if that’s not the issue it seems like it could be a damaged device and I’d recommend continuing on with an RMA.

-Tim

Hi Chris,

Just wanted to see if this issue is resolved to see if I can close this ticket.

Thanks,
Tim

Yes it is. Thank you for the help Tim. Would you mind if I contact you directly if we have any future issues?

Hi Chris,

That works for me. Feel free to either send another email to me, or open a new ticket with me on hms.how.