M-Bus to Modbus- TCP Gateway Value not update

Hi All

I have a problem on M-Bus to Modbus- TCP Gateway is installed on site & water meter with a pulse to Mbus is connected to HMS gateway. But the volume data in the HMS gateway are not updating at all.

Things we had checked:

1. M Bus + & - is 36.72v
  2. ST & ACT are Green.
  3. Ethernet Activity & link are flashing
  4. Mbus input value into HMS gateway still unable to monitor & check.

Any advise why data is not updated., it is installed on site & water meter with a pulse to Mbus converter is connected to HMS gateway. But the volume data in the HMS gateway are not updating at all.

Things we had checked:

1. M Bus + & - is 36.72v
  2. ST & ACT are Green.
  3. Ethernet Activity & link are flashing
  4. Mbus input value into HMS gateway still unable to monitor &check.

Any advise why data is not updated.

we scan mode to get Mbus parameter and modbus address auto assign to it,
Will the auto modbus address goes wrong?

Alvin

Can you provide the Article number or Serial number for this device?

The article number is typically in the format AB####, the serial A0xxxxxx.

Thank you,

Kyle

Hi Kyle

This Anybus M-Bus to Modbus-TCP 20 gateway I only has the order number 024380-C and mac ID 00:30:11:20:09:DF

I upload the picture which shown volume data info not updating.
Alvin

Hi Alvin,

I’m not sure I understand. Looking at the screenshots you provided, it appears that the value matches at the Anybus, M-Bus, and Server.

Is there another place you are able to take a reading, like at the meter itself?

Are these the only meters attached to the Anybus?

What is the Readout interval? Is it updating often enough?

Hi Kyle
For example, meter value now is 30000, But HMS gataway did not update the latest value & still show the old value. see the picture for clearer info.
In the Meter Configuration (Device_Handle.cfg) or system configuration (chip.ini) is there any parameter that I can adjust? Beside the readoutcycle.

Thank you
Alvin

Are you sure you using the right Description Mode (under Config tab)?

Do you have another method to test what the meter is actually outputting by M-bus (not just what it’s LCD is reading)?

Yes, there are tables for this at the end of the User Manual (page 39 - 43). Be careful editing this file and follow the manual to prevent problems if not done correctly!

Hi Kyla

My Client now using standard for description mode.

• Display of common value description.

Other mode still not understand what it is used for after reading the manual.

I attach a screenshot of the client current setting.

Can help to take a look on the setting?

The pulse to Mbus device they are using BMETER brand. I also got attach the device spec too.

Thank you

Alvin

MB-PULSE4_QUG-v1.0.pdf (766 KB)

Hi Kyla

How to you do editing on the Device_Handle.cfg?

• Can I use Notepad to open & do the editig?

• I cant find the Read out cycle setting in the .cfg file, can you show me ?

Thank you

Alvin

Device_Handle.cfg (1.68 KB)

Don’t you think that Anybus BU would be better equipped to provide support on this? HMS.how is run by Americas MU. Do you have access to Auxilium? (to be honest, we don’t even have one of these devices at our office!)

Hi Kyle

I didn’t know that.
I can’t get much help & info from them.
Thought of might get solution at this forum.
Really appreciated you been giving me advise.

Thank you
Alvin

I wish I could help more. I did just order one of these devices so we can set it up here and get to know how it works. We haven’t got many calls on them and I’m not sure if we sell them in the Americas.

I did open the cfg file and it looks like it’s just an xml file so you should be able to edit with Notepad or Wordpad, save, and then FTP back to device. However, I cannot find the Read out cycle setting either.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.