M2Web VNC GOT-2000 Connection problem

Hi,
A customer has a problem to do a VNC connexion with M2Web on their HMI. With Ecatcher and a viewer VNC Client, all is OK. With M2Web, the screen stays on ‘Connected to the server. Waiting for respond…’ . The HMI is a GOT-2000 of Mitsubishi. He uses a Flexy 202.
( He tried without password, M2Web asks for a VNC password… )
What could be the problem for the connexion ?
Thank you !

Capture1

@RemiNolin

Can you please try setting the color depth in eCatcher to 16 bit. The Mitsubishi screens typically favor a 16 bit color depth on M2Web.

1 Like

Hi,
same problem with the parameter 16 bit color. Do you have another test for our customer ?
Do these problems happen often with VNC and M2Web ? Or maybe more often with GOT2000 of Mitsubishi ?
Thank you

@RemiNolin

Can you provide me a login to this unit?

Hi Jordan,
I asked the login. Question, to use VNC with M2Web, all models of Ewon work ? Flexy 202, 205, …
No difference ?

Thank you,

@RemiNolin

That is correct. M2Web is not a hardware dependent feature.

Hi Jordan,

The Mitsubishi HMI is on the Flexy

Thank you !

@RemiNolin

It appears that the unit is in fact connecting however the display is not fully rendering.
It appears the hmi is sending more data than M2Web can render.

I have reached out to Nivelles to see if they are aware of anything specific here. It was able to render but went quite slowly in displaying.

In the meantime have you thought about temporarily using eCatcher or eCatcher mobile?

Thank you Jordan,
the programmer knows that the eCatcher with a VNC software works with the HMI. But his client will use M2web VNC. More simple. So, do you wait other information from Nivelles ? What we do now ? It will work or their program has too much data and will never works with M2Web ?

Thank you,

Hi @RemiNolin

I am having the development team look at this. This connection should be working so I am trying to determine why it is not. I will provide an update as soon as I have one from Nivelles.

@RemiNolin

I want to try shifting this units VPN server in order to get a quicker connection. Your issue in its entirety is latency. YOu have a very slow connection and I am trying to determine if this is on the internet part or on Talk2M.

Can you advise when no one is connected so I can make the change?

I Jordan,
now no one is connected. You can do your tests VPN.
Thank you,

@RemiNolin

Ok I did some additional testing here. The internet connection for this unit is quite slow, slow enough in fact that M2Web is not able to properly render the screen.

During my testing the average response rate to the HMI was approx 890ms. This in turn allows me to connect to the screen but simply shows black.

What type of internet is in play here? Is this cellular or Ethernet connectivity?