Modbus TCP - value diiferent from Slave

I have just configured some tags value in my Flexy 205. but the value is different from the value in my PLC (Schneider). I read an Holding Register adress 619, my PLC has a value of 341, I found through my Flexy 459. Additionnaly When i try to read the value on a RevPi PLC (using Node-red) I also found the same value as my PLC. I know that I can put an offset in my Flexy but I find strange that the value is not exactly the same. Something may be wrong ! I suppose first that hte problem xomes from the format “F” or “W”, but I don’t think the problem is here.
I read the documentation from EWON about the Modbus, but I can’t find any clues to understand where the problem is.

Hello mailchr,

you explained that you need to read Holding Register 619,
But in the Flexy you read Input Register 618 the 3xxxx means Input Register not Holding Register,

Ans since in Modbus you can start counting Registers from 1 or from 0 you always need to tests ±1 the Register addresses.

If you want to Read Holding Register 619
you need to test: 40619, 40620 (and just to be sure maybe 40618)
Depending on your device Reading a Holding Register or an Input Register can result in accessing a totally different Set of Values.

br
Franziska

Dear Franziska,

Yes indeed there is an offset +1.

To read Register 618, I must in the Flexy 619. It works perfectly. Thanks for the quick feedback.

By the way, I find that the Flexy is really a awesome tool/equipment. Thanks also for he quick feedback. It’s always appreciated.

image001.jpg