My account has spaces in it, how to deal with this when setting up SMTP

My question is how do i deal with the spaces in my account name when configuring the SMTP.

Can you show me what errors you’re getting if you enter your SMTP address in here?

It’s in the Setup > System > Main > Net Services > SMTP (Mails)

Hi Tim

Thanks for the reply. As it turns out I was under the impression that I needed to include my account name in the Email “From” Username textbox where you have timbob, anyway I read one of your posts on the knowledgebase and I am off and running. I created a daily report that I launch with a script and it works well. Thanks again.

Were you at the flexthink conference yesterday?

1 Like

Glad you got it working!

If you put in an email address in the email from section, that will just basically act as a kickback and will have that email address get a message if there’s issues sending the email to other addresses.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to make it out to flexthink this time. What did you think of the event?

Oh OK, I get it.

The event was great, I didn’t participate in any of the after hours stuff but the technical training stuff was really informative. I am now trying some of the things on my own just to pound it home. I feel good about scripting and sending emails on events and via the planner, next I will muck around with the data mailbox……i really don’t understand this concept so I want to see it with my own eyes.

The instructor gave us a excel file that had macros running but a bunch of us couldn’t get it to work because our IT folks have disabled macros.

Is the idea of the data mailbox to send data from the ewon to the cloud and then retrieve the data from m2web?

Yeah basically the idea behind the data mailbox is that you’re going to be sending data to the data mailbox for temporary storage. An alternative to this could be using an SD card to store your data locally and either grab it through FTP or send it out as an email attachment

Hi Tim

Can you explain the sms charges that I will incur if I use an eWon to send text alerts?

Hello,

So the text message charges are because you’re using the email to sms relay from belgium and it costs them money for each message. I think that with a free account they give you 15 Euros to start with and each message costs approx .3 Euros. But if you’re in the U.S. there are some free email to sms relays that you could do instead.

Sending Emails with a Flexy.docx (433.3 KB)

See page 6 of the doc above

Hi Tim

OK Great, thanks.

Steve Scott, PE (NH15919)

Electrical Controls Engineering Manager