My cosy 131 connect with Talk2m but my S7 1200 couldn't be reached in TIA Portal

Hi everyone,

I got some issues with my unit Cosy 131 what I’d like to share. So, I configured the unit and connected the unit thought eCatcher (Talk2m). I assigned the IP address 192.168.0.6. I ping this IP and get response available to use

I also added in TIA portal the eWON Isotcp GW which the IP address is 192.168.0.226 in order to get connection through the interface adapter TAP-Windows Adapter V9. When I click start search I can see the unit as accesible device which IP address is 192.168.0.1 but when I try to see it. Couldn’t get reached.

What do you guys think is going on here?

I will appreciate your comments

Hello @juandiaza ,

It is hard to say would could be going on here. Are you able to ping the IP addresses of devices on the LAN?

If you are I would suggest you start with making sure the firmware is on the latest version and make sure the PLC discovery settings are configured.

If you can’t ping the lan devices make sure the ewon LAN IP set on the device matches the subnet of the PLC and the IP set in ecatcher.

Deryck

Hello Deryck,

Thanks for your comments, hope you can help me to resolve the communication problem.

I am able to ping my device on the LAN (It’s ok and response) (attached pic below Ping_192.168.0.6)

My firmware device is 14.0s02

eCatcher version is 6.5.4 build 30241

I configured PLC discovery setting as the document says changing the

BroadcastForwarder:# 1 in order to enable and reboot the unit

Regard of this configuration, I have a question if you see the pic attached Firmware_14.0s02 when appears 192.168.0.6 I can see a lock symbol beside this IP address and I don’t know if the problem is something with this??? just please take a look at this and see if it is ok.

Thanks again

Juan

You are correct that lock symbol is telling you the “firewall” is enabled on the VPN to only allow connections to devices you configure. You can either add the devices to the connection list or disable the firewall.

ewon properties > configure LAN devices and firewall

Changing this setting might be all you need to allow the connection to the plc.

Deryck

Hi deryck,

I configured LAN devices and showed me the PLC and the IP address but still won’t connect. But now I got two issues on progress.

Issue #1 When I try to connect from an external network at work for e.g. it doesn’t make the VPN connection over Talk2m account but if I try trough the App over my android phone makes connection. However I don’t see my device connected in LAN over my eWON at home.

I don’t know why that happens because all I did was changed the IP address. However, if I try to connect my eWON at home using the same network. It makes the connection not problem at all.

Issue #2 Once I made connection at home, I still can’t talk to the PLC. Tia portal showed the plc and the IP address automatically when hit search but when I hit go online still saying that won’t reach it.

Thanks

Juan

Issue 1) This is most likely unrelated to not being able to connect though TIA portal. And is probably due to something blocking access to our serves or openVPN connection. Where are you connecting from when the VPN fails to connect? What errors do you see in eCathcer? If this is at your office check with your IT department that they are not blocking access. Ewon/talk2m addressed and ports

issue 2) If the ewon is showing up you should be able to connect, you might have missed a step settin up the connection in the connection. Can you review the step seen in section 8 of the remote access doc. https://hmsnetworks.blob.core.windows.net/www/docs/librariesprovider10/downloads-monitored/manuals/application-user-guide/aug-0047-00-en-configure-remote-access-for-siemens-plc-through-tia-portal.pdf?sfvrsn=5ab549d7_18

If you are in the US you can reach our support line at +1 312 829 0601 and we can take a look over teamviewer.

Deryck

Hi deryck,

I spoke with someone in the USA office and they recommended me to changed this, apparently the problem could be a IP addresses conflict even when my devices make communication trough talk2m:

based on my network, we checked this

PC - Adaptador Ethernet 192.168.0.x

Cosy WAN - 192.168.0.x DHCP

Cosy LAN - 192.168.10.10

I assigned this new IP address for my cosy

PLC Siemens - 192.168.10.11

I assigned this too for my PLC

But when I finished to assigned those IP addresses and try to connect with eCatcher said OFFLINE how can I resolve this problem.???

When you take a look the pic attached you can see the LAN was 192.168.0.5 all I did was changed to different range 192.168.10.10 and looks like that might affect the connection trough eCatcher.

thanks

Hello @juandiaza,
If the ewon is configured with the addresses you mentioned it shouldn’t have caused the ewon to drop offline. Was the picture taken before you made the change or after?

If the picture was taken after it looks like the IP addresses set in catcher need to be updated to match the new LAN addresses.

Deryck

It was taken before I just want to show you the IP address used before and the connection. Now It says OFFLINE which not allow me to connect.

Should I put the same IP address used before 192.168.0.5 or What the device appears OFFLINE.

Do you know what IP address the ewon was using on the WAN? You might have caused an IP conflict so the WAN cant get an address from the DHCP server. Try changing it back and see if it comes online. If it does look at the summery page and check what subnet the WAN gets an IP address in.

Deryck

I can’t get it online. Is there other way to do that???

thanks

Hi Juandiaza,

Can you further explain what you are trying to get it online?

Are you local to the device?

Have you changed the IP back to the default?

Can you take a backup with support files using ebuddy and upload it here?

If you can connect locally and have you PC also connected to the internet, I can take a look over teamviewer with you. I can also ask Maribel, to give you a call monday to take a look with you if you prefer.

To use teamviewer you will need to run this program: TEAMVIEWER and provide me with the ID and password.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

My device: Cosy 131 EC6133H_00MA/S

firmware: 14.0s02

Serial: 1921-1518-22

eCatcher version (6.5.4 build 30241)

Device to connect is a s7-1200 CPU1211C DC/DC/RLY

Software used to do TIA PORTAL v14 and v15 it. doesn’t matter both showed me the same results (cannot reached)

I enable PLC discovery through Talk2M

My device used connect with (vpn23) with no problem at all.

My WAN IP Address: 192.168.0.11 modem/router sometimes assigned by DHCP sometimes Ethernet/wireless

My PLC IP address 192.168.0.5 or in this range. I tried different ones in this range as well just in case.

VPN connection 10.213.197.75

Cosy LAN IP address 10.0.0.53 changed a couples in this range 192.168.0.X of times but still making connection.

Can you further explain what you are trying to get it online?

I’ll try to summarize what I’d done with my cosy 131 until now. I spoke with Maribel two days ago and she kindly explained to me. What should I do in order to reached my plc using TIA PORTAL. At that moment, we use TEAMVIEWER and we make some notes in a notepad document but we didn’t make change at the time to my configuration because I understood what was her point and she said that probably we got IP address conflict issues. As soon as hang up I started to do the changes which was assigned a new IP address to my cosy WAN side with different range The reason for that called was because spite of you’d been trying to help me trough hms support. I am still struggling get connection with my PLC 1200.

I am sorry to be persistent with this but I am feeling frustrated with something that might be easy to fix. That what I want to move on and hopefully with your help I will do it.

Are you local to the device?

Yes I am at home

Have you changed the IP back to the default?

Yes, won’t work.

Can you take a backup with support files using ebuddy and upload it here?

Can’t see the unit in Ebuddy now

If you can connect locally and have you PC also connected to the internet, I can take a look over teamviewer with you. I can also ask Maribel, to give you a call monday to take a look with you if you prefer.

Tell her what time she can help me with it on Monday if you don’t mind

To use teamviewer you will need to run this program: TEAMVIEWER and provide me with the ID and password.

I got this, actually we connected with TEAMVIEWER last time.

Thanks

6-12-20.device-logs.csv (44.1 KB)

Hi @juandiaza,

Thank you for the explanation this give me a clear understanding on you setup and i understand your frustration. I will do my best to explain and also ask Maribel to reach out and setup a meeting Monday.

It looks like you have an LAN WAN confict between your two networks.

The ewon has two network adapters the WAN, the connection to the internet, and the LAN the network your devices are connect to. These need to be different subnetworks. When you set the LAN IP to 192.168.0 subnet it blocked the WAN from getting an address in the same range. When you device was using the default LAN IP of 10.0.0.1 it was not conflicting.

One potential resolution would be to change the your routers settings to use a different subnet. changing it to something like 192.168.5.x should prevent the conflicts with the lan.
You could also change the LAN to use a different subnet.

It is a bit concerning that you can not find the device with eBuddy any more. What is the USR led doing? It is flashing green?
Was the WAN IP set staticly? This might be preventing the LAN from starting.

Deryck