My device is not showing up in e-buddy, what can I do?

I’m going from my PC to the eWON’s LAN port but I still don’t see it in ebuddy.

Typically in a scenario such as this something on the PC is restricting the network traffic (between the eWON and your PC).

The most common causes are:
· Firewall traffic restrictions
· Anti-virus restrictions
· Improper cabling
· Improper port connections.

Firewall / Antivirus Restrictions:
Disabling your firewall / antivirus to stop traffic restrictions may be an option for you but if you prefer to keep them running then you will need to allow the eBuddy software (eBuddy - The eWON Companion) in your Firewall / Antivirus settings.

Example:

Improper Cabling and Port Connections:
You will need to plug in an Ethernet cable from your PC to the eWON’s LAN port (green) so that you are able to communicate with the device (view-able in eBuddy)

If the cables are setup correctly, and the firewall / antivirus are currently not restricting traffic to eBuddy then the next step would be swapping out the Ethernet cable or checking the cable integrity by testing it.

The LED’s on the face of the hardware can actually provide quite a bit of information, once you learn to decipher them. Primarily the USR LED will provide the most feedback. While the device is running properly, the USR LED will blink green, if you see the LED as RED or ORANGE, the hardware will be completely unrecoverable via eBuddy.

If your cosy 131 or Flexy device has a RED or ORANGE USR LED then it’s possible that it may be affected by an issue described in the following technical update: eWON Technical Update - 2017-08-11

1 Like