Netbiter EC350 Logging Buffer

Hello,

Is it possible to make a rough calculation of the amount of data that can be logged locally between send intervals? (i.e. How much data can be logged in 60 minutes?)

From page 31 of the Argos Administration Manual: β€œIt may take up to one hour before the first logged data is sent to Netbiter Argos. For EC310 and EC350 systems it is possible to choose a send interval of 15, 30 or 60 minutes.”

The reason for the question is to know how long the Netbiter can be offline before its internal logging buffer will be full.

Thanks!
Trevor

Hello Trevor,

This is a great question that does not have an easy answer. The Netbiter is doing more then simply logging a data point into internal memory then uploading. The Netbiter breaks up log data into chunks to manage storage and uploading. The Netbiter is limited to 700 log files which split at 4kb or 1 hour depending on what limit is hit first. It is also grouping up log data by the intervals being used. Here is an example that was provided to me to explain how it works.

4 parameters – log interval 5 min

4 parameters – log interval 15 min

2 hysteresis parameters

This configuration will use 4 log files per hour (1 for the 5 min log points, 1 for the 15 min log points and 1 each for the hysteresis).

In this case 700 log files would last for approximately 700/4 = 175 hours, which is a little bit over a week.

Deryck

1 Like

Thanks, Deryck. Just what I needed!