Netbiter EC360 Event Management?

Hi Support Team,

We recently bought a Netbiter EC360 Hardware Module and its currently installed on-site with a 3G/4G supported SIM card with a DATA and SMS plan. So we got the EC360 to allow us to perform a Remote Access to a Siemens PLC but we need some assiatance setting up the Live View?.

So the main question is how do we get SMS alarm/event management to send text based on events? Also how does the E-Mail alarm/event management work?

I know we need to get an e-mail address for the device with SMTP send/receive host settings but where do we configure recepients for E-Mail and phone numbers for SMS’s ?

Appreciate if someone could shed some light on the following issue?

Cheers
N

Hello @Nare_Prathipati,

You will need to configure the ewon in Argos for remote management and add a device with alarms to send emails/sms alarms. Please note the Netbiter does not send alarms itself, they are sent thought he Argos service your Netbiter it connected with. No SMTP settings need to be configured.

Take a look at the Argos administration manual for more details. Chapter 5 covers setting up a device. I recommend configuring a Profile then adding a device with the profile.

Regards,
Deryck

Hi deryck,

Can you help me poll a Ethernet/ IP tag to a Siemens S7-1500 PLC ?

Cheers
N

Just to break it down a bit more.
We set up a tag in the Siemens S7-1500 PLC with symbolic tag name : Tag_25 as a test flag to see if the netbiter EC360 will poll its current state.
We set up a read-only profile with the Tag under Ethernet/IP Tag and set the symbolic tag variable as Tag_25 and when we are back onto to the presentation we cannot see any data in the text field area.

Can you please help me set up the symbolic tag so we could access the tag onto the presentation screen?

Hope to hear from you.

Cheers

Hello Nare,

The netbiter is not able to poll Ethernet/IP tags from an S7 PLC. Siemens S7 PLC’s support Profinet and not EthernetIP while the Netbiter supports Ethernet/IP and modbus but not Profinet. You might be able to setup the Siemens to support modbus but I am not sure if this is possible, and recommend checking with your distributor. Another option would be to use an ewon Flexy rather then a Netbiter.

https://ewon.biz/products/ewon-flexy

Regards,

Deryck