"new tag discovered" msgbox

Hi Team,
in my ewon i have about 500 tags organized in pages and groups.
Sometimes, when i’m browsing from a page to another, or from a group to another, a message box appears and inform that “someone have added some tags”;
after a while, a red alert “Device unreachable” appears, but the ewon is responding to the ping request and the page is scrollable.

in attachment a short video

Hi @iw3bti1

How often are these 500 tags being polled? Also can you send us a backup.tar file with the support files included from eBuddy?

unfortunately i can’t send this backup.

about the 500+ tags , 309 are MEM tag , others 180 are polled every second, the remaining 20+ are polled every 10 seconds.

That might be getting close to the limit of what the Flexy is able to do, but without being able to see the backup of the device with the event logs, it’s hard to say

the flexy limits are 2500 Tags total / 1500 Tags per IOServer ?

2500 tags can be created, 1500 per IO server, but there are other factors that can effect performance as all tags are not equal size, for example. If there are a lot of tags that are being polled very quickly it could cause potential issues. We can’t say for sure what the issue might be though without backups

ok i’m preparing a backup with the same number of tags, but with other name/addresses due to customer specific data.

Hi Tim, in attachments you have the ewon.tar with 400 mem tags, and a short video that display the problem [color=red]MOVED TO STAFF NOTE[/color] (135 KB)

here the video

Hi @iw3bti1

Could you send us the backup.tar with the support files included? I may need to try and recreate this our our device to replicate the issue

MOVED TO STAFF NOTE (135 KB)
here the ewon.tar

Can you try and change the refresh rate on the tag page from 1 second to something longer like 5 seconds?

Hi Tim,
with 5 seconds the problem is not present.
thank you !

1 Like

Hi @iw3bti1

Glad to hear we got it working!