No Communication MODBUS TCP

Hi All,

i have a problem with a PLC Siemens communicating in modbus TCP to my Ewon flexy.
i have configured all tree topic in this manner: topic A for a specific plc , topic B same as previous, and the topic C is enabled but device id is blank same for ip address is blank so i can communicate with different plc using the third topic. the problem is strange only for topic C because i can communicate through the Ecostruxure machine scada expert (Schenider SCADA) in modbus tcp with plc in this topic but on the ewon i still get “No communication” for those plc. for example i have configured same address 40001,1,plc_ip_address on both in SCADA and Ewon but on SCADA work fine and ewon still get No communication error…
all the plc scada and ewon are on the same network

is very urgently thanks all for support,

best regards

Hi @EB123,

If this is urgent, I would recommend that you contact your local distributor or Ewon office. You can find the phone number / email here: Contact HMS for Ewon products

You can also create a case at https://mysupport.hms.se

I can try to help through the forum, but this doesn’t sound like an issue with an easy answer. It sounds like you are configuring the Ewon correctly. We may need to use Teamviewer to get a better idea of the problem.

First, I would try using Topic A. Even though you have it set to another server address, set the IP address in the tag and see if that works.

I would also try using a Modbus simulator, like CAS Modbus scanner, to see if that can read the tag.

Kyle

Hi Kyle,

for more info i have attached a snap of the error in the event logs:

meantime i’ll try tocontact the local distributor.

The “Illegal data address” error is a good clue as to what the problem is. It seems the slave is reporting that this address cannot be read/written to.

I would definitely recommend testing these commands using a Modbus Scanner simulator software to get more info about which commands are causing the errors.