NO DATA transfer on AB7803 and AB7802

we have those 2 gateways and we configured everything on both profibus and Devicenet and Controlnet to have 4 word in and 4 word out
i can send data to Profibus master and i can monitor the statis on the gateway and i can see the DATA but at the PLC side which is Rockwell we can communicate but there is no DATA transfer
we followed the application note for controlNet and the PLC is communicating but with no DATA transfer whatsoever on both gateways
attached the projects on both sides

1. List item

Syncrude.xml (3.0 KB)
Syncrude.hcg (2.7 KB)

Sorry for the delay. Are you using RSNetWorx for ControlNet because you have config files for DeviceNet and Profibus but not ControlNet?

Is this the application note you read: ControlNet_Adapter_RSNetWorx_2.03.pdf (2.3 MB)

Can you tell me what the status of the LEDs are? Please also give specifics of any errors you are getting.

yes they are using RsNetworx

the config for controlnet is basically the same except the setting for the gateway type

and as i said before they can see the device but they can’t see any DATA

and on my side i can send DATA and see them on the Profibus side of the Gateway

can you give me a call back if possible

the config for controlnet is basically the same except the setting for the gateway type
All the LED on both side are in the healthy condition
MO ,MS,CH1, GW all of them is solid green

there is no error and all LED on both profibus and controlnet and deviceNet are solid green (MO GW CH1 MS)

Are you getting an error on the master side?

What is your phone number?

i am not getting any errors anywhere

Dear Kyle

today i managed to figure out the problem

it was the no of IN/OUT words used

we were using 4 IN 4 OUT while those words are reserved for idle/run state

once i used 32IN 32 OUT everything was good and they were getting the data starting from word 5

please update your manuals and app note as it’s not mentioned clearly that we shouldn’t use these words

1 Like

Great, I’m glad that you got it working! I will check the manuals and app notes and see which ones need to be updated. I appreciate you letting us know!

Thank you,

Kyle

This is from the Allen Bradley documentation for our reference:

thanks alot that’s very helpful

Hey Kyle ,
we are working on the again and PLC tech. can’t see the device on their end its shows exclamation mark
any idea of what this can be attached is the configuration and screenshot for the LED status and readings from VFD side , just need you confirmation that its ok to use configuration manager instead of hyper terminal .

Regards
Raed