OPC-UA server access from WAN

Hi!
I need to connect to the OPC-UA server from the WAN port on a Flexy 201 + 3101.
My machines has an internal network, that are configured with the same IP addresses in all machines.
I’m using the Flexy as a firewall to be able to connect all my machines to a machine network, and I want to use the WAN port to access the OPC-UA server in each Flexy in each machine…
According to the documentation, turning the OPC-UA server on should expose the OPC-UA server to all interfaces, including the WAN port, but I can’t establish a connection…
Are there any additional configuration apart from configuring an IP address on the WAN port I need to do to be able to connect to the OPC-UA server from the WAN port?

@Mathias_Carlsson

You should just need to use the WAN IP of the eWON and it should work.
Are you getting any sort of error?

Yes…
I have used UAexpert to connect to the OPC server, and it works when I connect to the LAN, but not when I connect to the WAN…

@Mathias_Carlsson

Did you run through the internet wizard to configure your WAN connection on the eWON device?
If so, are you able to see the WAN IP on your network?

A screenshot of your OPC-UA client (UAexpert) settings, and the OPC-UA server settings in the eWON would also be helpful here.

Hi!
Yes, I did run through the wizard, and the WAN IP is visible in my network.
The switch has the Flexy MAC address registered on the right port and VLAN, and I can ping the Flexy.
I’m going to do a factory reset today, and reconfigure the Flexy from scratch.
I had an old eWON 2005 before, and I did a restore of the 2005 config to the Flexy, and everything looked good, but there might be some old thrash left in the config that is causing the error…
I was initially worried my machine supplier had some config in the 2005 that I needed to get over to the Flexy, but as it turns out, the only thing they had configured additionally was a outgoing VPN, and I can input the VPN config manually…

Hi!
Now it’s working!
I have formatted my partitions and erased the config, completed the internet wizard and configured the OPC server, and now it works.
Could my problems connecting to the OPC-server on the WAN interface been caused by the VPN configuration?

1 Like

@Mathias_Carlsson

Thanks for the update.

I wouldn’t say the VPN configuration but definitely the WAN (internet wizard) could have an affect here.

I believe starting from scratch definitely helped as the configuration may have been atypical due to the restoration of a backup from the 2005CD.