Open VPN Connection Hangs

@anonkvimaxfe
Customer was working with eCatcher and connecting to devices this morning. He started to experience a lag on the connecction, and has not been able to connect since this morning. I had him update his eCatcher to the latest version, and but it not able to establish a connection still. I am investigating this issue to determine the point of failure.

Kevin,

Not sure if you have done anything but we are back up and connected. It flaked out a couple times and had to reconnect but all is well now.

Thanks,

Eric Koenig | **Technical Advisor II

Hello,

I will mark this case as solved for now. If this issue happens again, feel free to comment on this case and i will reopen the investigation.

Sounds good thanks Kevin!

**Douglas Machine Inc.
EMPLOYEE OWNED, CUSTOMER DRIVEN.

Good Morning Kevin,

We are still having some issues on our end with eCatcher and connecting to eWons in the field. This morning I can’t get past the login screen. I have also setup a meeting with our IT/IS network technician to look and see if our firewall is causing some of the speed issues. He was able to tell me that we haven’t implemented any new settings to our firewall for some time now.

Thanks

**Douglas Machine Inc. | Tel: 320.763.5507 Ext: 9523

douglas-machine.com

eric.koenig@douglas-machine.com

Hello,

When you launch the software, it doesn’t get passed the login screen of eCatcher?

Can you fully uninstall the software and then reinstall it? If the issue is network based, it should run smoothly but only recieve errors when attempting to connect to the unit. It will time out and give errors when attempting the connection.

Kevin,

Yes I was able to get past it the first time this morning but wasn’t able to connect to anything. I tried logging out and logging back in and this is where it sits and spins now.

I have just installed 6.5.2 two days ago when we talked last. I did uninstall and reinstall and still no-go.

I have another engineer testing from there computer also and they were not able to get past the login screen and another just called saying he can’t login either to add some more eWons to our pool. He tried two different computers.

Thanks,

douglas-machine.com

Kevin,

Another update I finally got a time out and here is the error.

I was able to login from the eCatcher app though.

Thanks,

douglas-machine.com

Hello Eric,

Can you create a User for me on your eCatcher account. I wish to see if this issue is account related,

You can send me the credentials to kann@hms.se

Can you also connect to a hotspot and try the connection?

Kevin,

I will work I getting you an account. Yes it does work via hotspot I have notified our network tech and he is also looking into the issue.

Thanks,

douglas-machine.com

Kevin,

Here is a login for you

douglas-machine.com

Hello Eric,

Thank you for getting me an account. I logged in and connected to each unit. I didn’t experience any delays in the connection on my end.

Please let me know what your network engineer says regarding the delay.

Kevin,

He is working on scheduling a meeting with our Cisco rep so we can discuss our firewall rules and see what is affecting the connections at times.

Thanks,

douglas-machine.com

Kevin,

I worked with you a little bit ago on some connection issues and slow ewons about a month ago. We have done some more on our end and found that our traffic
is getting routed through an ewon server that is located in the UK. In the past about a year ago while I was working with one of you colleges he set us up that all of our ewons report back to the Chicago server. Wondering why were back talking to a UK server
and what it would take or best way to setup so that all of our ewons report to the Chicago server?

Here is the info I got from my IT tech that pointed him to the UK server.

IP 92.52.111.214

My number is 320.762.9523 feel free to call and discuss more.

Thanks,

Eric Koenig |****Technical Advisor IIDouglas Machine Inc.

Tel: 320.763.5507 Ext: 9523

douglas-machine.com

EMPLOYEE OWNED,
CUSTOMER DRIVEN.

Topic is closed due to inactivity.