Panelview 800 download fails

Was there ever a resolution for this? I started having the same error a few months back when trying to download through the Netbiter after I updated to CCW version 12. I have over 50 units where this no longer lets me download an new UI but like OP I can also do an upload without an issue. Very annoying… .

That issue was regarding the eWON Cosy 131. Are you using that or the Netbiter?

Kyle,

I am aware that this was with the eWon Cosy 131 but experiencing the same behavior when trying to download a UI to the HMI. I am using the EC310 Netbiter but this is the only post I have seen with this same error and was wondering what the resolution was since it was not clear on the post. I tested this further this morning and I am able to download the same application if I am connected to the network physically but it shows error “Connecting to graphic terminal…SucceededOpen connection failed!” when connected via the HMS VPN link through the Netbiter. Any help with this would be appreciated.

We have seen this before with the Flexy and Cosy devices when they are using a UDP tunnel and it’s possible that a packet or two is getting lost, making it so the hash no longer matches up. Switching to a TCP connection usually resolved the issue. Are you able to get a packet capture of this transaction?

Kyle,

I was able to get some logs, I have attached the logs for a working download connected directly to the network versus connecting through the Netbiter that gets a failed connection. The HMI is at 192.168.222.2 and the computer is at 192.168.222.201
when connected directly and 192.168.222.200 with connecting via the Netbiter.

I thought maybe it was something to do with Netbiter firmware version but have had the same results with the Netbiter EC310 version 2.03.05 and a Netbiter EC310 version 1.8.1. I am still trying to pinpoint the main issue and appreciate
your help.

Scott Boughton
Developer, Integrator, Cryo Gremlin Hunter
ED4C503C1D32481A9CB3F64D4A756B81[20247130].png

Download With Netbiter Network.json (202 KB)

Download Without Netbiter Network.json (1.05 MB)

I think what is likely happening is that the download is timing out due to a very small allowable timeout in the HMI. Take a look at the documentation for that model and see if you can increase this to prevent it in the future.

OH MY GOODNESS! You sir are wonderful! I was able to change the time delay for the Connected Components Software from a 3 second delay up to a 15 seconds delay and it started working again. Thank you so much. Setting is under Tools > CCW
Application > Preference > Timeout.

Scott Boughton
Developer, Integrator, Cryo Gremlin Hunter
ED4C503C1D32481A9CB3F64D4A756B81[20247130].png

Excellent news!! I’m glad we could help!

Kyle