Porting host application to Microchip PIC32

I have the “host-application-example-code-(for-compactcom-30-and-40-series)” and want to port it to a Microchip PIC32MX795F512L. I will be using the SPI interface.
My questions:

• do you if someone already did the porting to a PIC32?
  • Were do I start with the porting? Use the code in the “Generic” folder or would it be better to start from one of the “STM3240G_Eval” folders?
  • is there any more information on porting the host application? Which files need changes and which files should I leave untouched?

Thanks.

Danny Van den Bliek

Hi Danny,

Unfortunately we don’t have anybody who’s worked on a PIC32 on the U.S. support team, but you might have better luck contacting your local support here:

https://mysupport.hms.se

But in terms of figuring out which files to edit, you can use a program like WinMerge and then select the Generic folder the STM3240G_Eval_Keil folder. After this, the files that have differences should show up highlighted and give you an example on which files would need to be modified

Tim,

Thanks for the tip. I managed to get step one of the “Host Application Implementation Guide” working. Tomorrow I will try to go through step 2. I’m also in contact with support in Sweden.

Many thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Danny

Topic closed due to inactivity.