Problem with internet connection COSY+ 4G EU

Hi ,

I have an issue relating to +4g setup.

We bought 2 ewon cosy +4g EU devices for customers in Slovakia. We use SIM cards for the connect to the internet. The issue is during the internet Wizard set up. After configuring the appropriate APN ect for both cosys they will start the testing and will time out. it will show a green tick for the WAN connection but a cross for the internet connection. We have tried all the APNs listed and have rung telstra and optus to confirm that both sims are active and the right APN to use. The signal indication on the unit will go orange during the testing procedure indicating that it has signal. (3Bars)

Can you help us?

Best regards!

Hi @Otto13,

In this case, I would recommend opening a support case at https://support.hms-networks.com so your local support team can help. They would be more familiar with the EU modem and European cellular network intricacies.

I can tell you that it’s unusual for you to pass the WAN check and not the internet check with a cellular modem as that means that you have acquired an IP address from the network, so it does appear to be an issue on cellular side.

Please make a backup of the Ewon using eBuddy and check “Include Support Files” and attach the .tar file to the support case.

Best Regards,

Kyle Reynolds

The solution to this problem is to update the firmware.

Thanks for the update!