Problems with HMS-EN2SE-R

Kyle,

That PLC is doing absolutely nothing at the moment, so feel free to tweak any setting you need to. Can’t hurt anything.

Ross

No Teamviewer, but I can do screen sharing another way. If you can follow this link:

and accept the self-signed security certificate, you will be connected to the same desktop session I am using. No other software required.

Hi Ross,

I think I got it working. I had to change the ‘Read Holding Registers’ command to the ‘Read Input Registers’ command.

However, you may need to swap the bytes to get the correct data:

Kyle

Weird, because I tried it both ways. AS I understand it, Input registers start at offset 1000, Holding registers start at offset 4000. I discovered that the data source was actually writing out on registers 1-16, no offset at all, so I asked the supplier to copy the data to the Holding registers at offset 4000, so the data should be at 4001-4016.

Anyway, this looks much better than I weas able to do. Thanks for helping me out. I’ll have to play with the data type and possible byte swapping. I’m pretty sure these numbers should never be negative.

Thanks again!