PSTN card and 3G card

Hi there,

Does the PSTN card and 3G cell card can work at the same time?
I have a customer that has a 3G card working properly until he adds his PSTN card to Flexy.

At this moment, 3G stops working until he remove the PSTN card.

Also, does the PSTN has a unique phone number to enter, like the GSM card have only it’s unique phone number on it?

This unit will be moving from one site to another and sometimes it’s out of cell coverage so they can’t access remotely unit to setup a new phone number for PSTN card.

Please advice

@Jcadorette

The PSTN and GSM cards on the Flexy are quite different in terms of functionality. The PSTN card solely acts as a dial-up connection. You would need a modem and dial-up connection from your PC to dial into the eWON.

The PSTN card does require a unique phone number as it is how you actually establish a connection to that device.

As far as the Flexy failing to boot with the PSTN card installed, can you advise what slot it is installed in?

Hi Jordan,

I’ve asked the customer to look at which slot he used and he was correct.

The flexy boots normally, but GSM card loses connection. When PSTN card is removed, GSM connection is back online.

@Jcadorette

Can we try re-running the internet setup wizard with both cards installed?

@Jcadorette

Can you let me know the status of this when you have a chance? I haven’t heard any follow-up so far.

Oh boy…

Old case! I don’t remember what happened to that…!!

I will have to look, cuz i really don’t know right now.

Thanks,

No worries.
Let me know at your earliest convenience.

I have not heard back on this thread so I will just add some brief comments to wrap it up.

The PSTN card and 3G card can be installed at the same time however only one can be running at a time. The eWON will only have one active WAN interface so you can either have PSTN enabled or 3G enabled but not both.