Question about how to set up remote connection with Beckhoff PLC

Hello,

I am new for eWon Cosy. Could you advise how can I build up a remote connection with Beckhoff PLC?

Thanks

This depends how you are connecting to the Beckhoff PLC. Are you connecting with Ethernet or Modbus, etc.? Are you trying to use some kind of configuration software or just access a web server or FTP server on the device?

Since you are using the Cosy (and not the Flexy) this is probably a very simple case of plugging in the Ethernet cable, configuring the network settings, and logging into the eCatcher VPN client, but I just wanted to make sure we know what you are trying to achieve so we give you the correct information.

Hello Kyle,

Right now, I am just using a ethernet cable connecting the cosy to the Beckhoff CX PLC controller.

On the Cosy, I am using wifi to get internet and port1 to the Beckhoff.

Also, I am trying to get remote access to my desktop from my laptop but failed.

Please see attached pictures and file for the setup. I am not sure if there any IP address conflict.

Current situation is I can connect to the Cosy from eCatcher and see the device but I cannot get access to the device. Based on the research I did, I can type in the IP address of the device in the browser and then get into the device. Is this right? Also, could you advise me in case of this is right and working, what could I see from the browser?

Sorry about the silly question. I am new for the Cosy.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,

James

Backup.etar.gz (12.2 KB)

Hi James,

Where is the Desktop located? It looks like you have the laptop on the Cosy’s LAN so you would have to enable LAN access to the WAN. See instructions here:

This depends entirely on whether or not the device you are trying to access has a web server. Many PLCs do, but they are often programmed by special software. Once connected over eCatcher, you should be able to reach the PLC as if you were on the same local internet. (Please note that you need to set the IP address, subnet, and default gateway on the PLC first). I would recommend reading the documentation that came with your PLC.

Kyle

Topic closed due to inactivity.