Question on Talk2M commissioning

I have two “older” eWON 2005CD’s that I need to send to a customer. Can you tell me if serial number 1345-0081-59 and 1602-0020-59 were previously commissioned with Talk2M, and if so, if that record can be cleared so they can be commissioned at the customer site? Thanks.

Hi Steve,

Only 1602-0020-59 is currently attached to an account. The easiest way to resolve that is for you to delete it from the account using eCatcher, in the eWON’s properties tab.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kyle

Kyle, thanks for the response. I checked in eCatcher and we apparently replaced this unit with another and commissioned it using the same name, login and password. eCatcher now shows the new serial number. Am I correct in believing if instead
of using the activation key during commissioning, we use the new eWON name, login and password, it will overwrite any prior commissioning? Can I just enter a new activation key and have it accept the new location? Thanks.

Steve

Hello,

You will need to remove it from the old account to re-register the device. Using the device name is no longer an option.

Deryck

Thank you sir. Since it no longer shows up in the account, I guess I’ll just hope that means it’s “removed”.

Steve

What is the serial number for this device?

Deryck

1602-0020-59. Thanks.

Steve

Hello,

This device still shows itself registered to an account (alliancellc3). You will need to login to this account and delete the device to register it into your new account.

Regards,
Deryck

Thank you sir! Apparently we had it registered somewhere else first, and then moved it to that, so I didn’t see the second one. I appreciate the help.

Steve