Question

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to have devices behind multiple ewons on the same account talk to each other (i.e site a devices behind ewon A can talk to site B devices behind ewon B).

Thanks,

brian

BRIAN COSPER | NETWORK ENGINEER

MSI****TEC

e: brian.cosper@msitec.com

p: 949.588.0581x716 | c: 949.338.5503

w: msitec.com | store.msitec.com

See what's new at MSI TEC!

Hi Brian,

They cannot communicate directly, but they can exchange data through the API. What are you trying send?

Kyle

We just have a client that requested ewon, but said they wanted sites to communicate with each other, which is not what ewon is designed for. However if he winds up only needing access from a master site, then It should work.

MSI****TEC

I wonder if they could use MQTT for what they are doing.

The way it was described was a typical VPN setup, where each site can communicate with each-other over a network. I will reach once we clarify what they wanted. But based on what we were told originally, I wanted to ask the questions.

MSI****TEC

If the client were to use an eFive, would they be able to have multiple interconnected sites? Or is it still only through the API that it would work?

I.e machine at site A can see and talk to machine at site B.

MSI****TEC

I would not recommend trying to configure eFive this way. It might be possible, but would take a lot of planning and configuration and would not be the most reliable setup.

I recommend that they look at this post. This is the best way to share data between devices over a remote network.