QuickConnect very slow VPN tunnel to Netbiter EC360

Hello,

I need information what to do to improve communication speed via QuickConnect to Netbiter EC360 as network bridge. I have proper connection but transfer is about 1kB/s in avarage. From oine side a have very good internet connection to my PC. Are there any special settings refering modem tab ? I set prefered network 4G, previously I had “Auto”.

I have put this problem as official task.

regards,
Piotr Darski

Hello,

An issue like this can be difficult to track down there are a lot of factors that come into play with the VPN connection that can effect speed.
We don’t have any setting for the modem that would effect speed. How are you verifying the speed in for your transfer? Have you verified the signal strength for the device is good?

Checking your account I see you are locate in Europe, If you have not already done so I recommend you reach out to your local support team via mysupport.hms.se. They should have more info on the expected speeds of your device in your area.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Please have a look for top bar of QuickConnect transfer. I checked Netbiter EC350 by 192.168.50.150/index.php and signal strength is 19/41.

On the same table a have cellular phone with the same ORANGE operator and share Internet to my Laptop. Speed is more the 500kB/s.

I cannot catch local support because Michał Nieuzyła from Racontrol is on holiday.

Regards,

Piotr Darski

Hello @PiotrDarski,

No worries I give you some guidance but please keep in mind this support forum is run by a team in the US and are not very familiar with the 4g modems use in Europe.

A phone to the Netbiter is not an apples to apples comparison. The phone is most likely using a MIMO connection while the Netbiter has a single antenna. You will see a higher speeds on a phone then you will with the Netbiter. You should also keep in mind that the connection though the netbiter does have the overhead of the VPN tunnel.

This being said 1kB/s does seem fairly slow. 19/41 is on the lower end of the signal strength this could be causing you some issues. Im proving this might help with your connection speed.

You should also make sure you have the correct VPN server location selected in Argos.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Thank you for your answer. I think it is not problem with GSM but with VPN itself. Maybe it is caused by some features of Windows 10 (I have proper name of network according advise referring how QuickConnect works with W10)

Today I will check connection by WAN input. I will check on PC with W8 as well.

We will see.

I will keep inform you. It is strange for me because on the same computer I have eCatcher to eWON Cosy 131 and it works perfect. There is something work with VPN. In case of eCatcher a see releative network address to final modem IP address. In case of quick connect there is only mac address when I call ipconfig under windows terminal.

Regards,

Piotr

Hello @PiotrDarski,

Have you made any progress with this issue? I expect the connection though the WAN increased you speed.

While the Ewon VPN and the Netbiter VPN are similar they do handle routing with slightly different processes. For example you assign an IP to you PC to use on the remote Network in QuickConnect. While eCatcher adds a route to the PC routing table based of the ewons LAN IP.

Deryck

Hi Deryck,

Now I know everythink. When you defines bridge IP address you have to remember to put different defined PC IP. In this case traffic through VPN is normal.

It is a pitty that there is not QuickConnect for Android like eCatcher.

Thank you for your help.

Regards

Piotr

t

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for following up glad to hear the issue is resolved.

Deryck