RE: Flexy205 - Trainings

Good morning Chris!

I have setup the Flexy and connected to a CompactLogix PLC. It took a little trial and error to set up the data points. The PDF you sent is maybe not as current as the Flexy webpage? But it works and I am seeing data values change. I created a basic dashboard for now and we will show this around internally to see the next steps. I got email alerts to work but, I cannot seem to get the text alerts to work. Any suggestions?
Also, eventually, we will want a dashboard that represents our system more accurately. Is there a more in-depth document for the ViewON software?

Thanks !

Tim Brock

Thanks Dan.
Let me know if I can help with any presentation materials. I am in a conference all day Wednesday but can maybe Webex or Skype in if needed any other day.

Sincerely,

Chris Biester
Southeast Area Sales Manager
HMS Industrial Networks

Home Office
Charleston, SC

Chris,

We have received the unit. Tim has been on another project but has started to work with this and will spend some time today. Tim may reach out with any questions.

Thank You for getting this moving quickly. We have to present a demo to our GM & CEO in the next several days.

Dan Sheehy

Hi Tim,
Just checking in. Have you received the unit? Let me know if I can assist with anything

Sincerely,

Chris Biester
HMS Industrial Networks

Chris,

Thank you so much. I went through the PDF this morning and it looks like solid information that I can use. The example using Compactlogix is perfect for us being that it is the platform we would use for this option.

I am dividing my time between several projects right now, so I will continue to look at this as I go along. Having the hardware to play with will also be a great learning tool. Just keep me informed as you and Rick work through getting DMP a demo unit.

Thanks again,

Tim Brock

Hi Tim,
See the attached PDF. This is overkill I am sure, but on page 39 “Creating a Dashboard” we run through some of the tools of viewON.
Also in the PDF, we run through setting up alarms, datalogging, and even go over the wireless bolt I teased at the end of our meeting.

Sincerely,

Chris Biester
HMS Industrial Networks

Chris,

Hope you had a great Easter break.
I have downloaded ViewON and installed it on my desktop. It is asking for a serial number. Is this something that I can get from you?
Just trying to get a look at the dashboards.

Thanks,

Tim Brock
Controls Engineer

Hi Tim,

What are you trying to show in ViewON from the device?

Also is the Sim card that’s being used by your device able to send out text messages or are you tying to send out text messages by using an email to sms relay

Hi and thanks for your response.

I was hoping to relay somehow as we do not have a SIM card on this unit.

Tim

Hi Tim,

This doc might help you depending on which network you’re working with

You may need to contact the provider if the messages aren’t coming through. They may disable them at first if they think they’re spam

Thank you so much!

Tim

1 Like