Remote access ewon cosy rs232,ethernet and usb

Hi team

I want remote access :

• 2 ea Woodward Easygen 3200, Port RS-232

• 2 ea Woodward Easygen 3200, Port Ethernet

• 2 ea Allen Bradley PLC Contrologix, Port USB Type B

Can you give cozy ewon advice what is suitable for it?

Thanks

Hi Peter,

What’s the protocol of the device that you’re trying to connect to with RS232? If you’re using a cosy for the RS-232 you’ll need either a Cosy 141, a Flexy 202 or a Flexy with a Serial card. You’ll also need to make sure that you match up the serial settings ie. Baud rate, Parity bits, etc.

For Ethernet, you’ll need to make sure that your LAN side of the device is in the same IP range as your device you’re trying to connect to.

For the USB, does this device support IP over USB?

-Tim

Hi Tim_Hms

1. if i use ewon cosy 141 can connect remote access(download/upload) 2 device RS-232 and 2 device Ethernet Port?
  2. if i use ewon flexy 205 can connect remote access(download/upload) 2 device RS-232 and 2 device Ethernet Port?

thank you

Are these Allan Bradley devices, Siemens devices, other?

For the 141 and the 205 you should be fine connecting to 2 Ethernet devices.Here’s some documentation that goes over connecting to these devices. You shouldn’t have issues connecting to the Ethernet devices, but you’ll want to make sure our device is in the same subnet as the Ethernet devices. You’ll also want to make sure that the tap adapter v9 is being used to send the traffic to the software that you’re using to download/upload instead of a local ethernet connection.

https://www.ewon.biz/technical-support/pages/data-acquisition

As for the serial side it’s a little difficult to say if you’ll be able to connect to both devices without knowing what the devices/protocls of the devices are.