Remove Wifi Configuration after setup?

We are an OEM and have tightened our facility wifi security so we can no longer connect random eWONs to the office network. We will now be using a hotspot to connect the eWONs to the internet and do the initial setup. Our hotspot supports 15 concurrent clients and we have setup 15 eWONs and can’t get them to stop connecting so we can setup the other eWONs.

There appears to be no way to manually configure the WAN/WiFi setup and if the wizard fails to connect to the internet, it will not update the settings. How do we clear the wifi settings without clearing the Talk2M setup?

Ideally, I’d like to know how to enter the Talk2M activation key into an eWON manually without it trying to do anything or being connected to the internet so our techs don’t need to deal with the key during install and we don’t have to waste time screwing around with a hotspot at all. But, I’ll settle for clearing the wifi setup.

Sidebar: Spamcop.net has the mail server that sends out this forums “confirm your email address” email on their list which means Mimecast won’t let me open it so I couldn’t even sign-up to this forum with my work email. All these piddly little IT issues for a product that is supposed to bypass IT issues at customer sites is not a good look.

Hi @CapinWinky,

You can delete the Wifi settings here:

You can complete the Talk2M activation offline by using a USB or SD card by following these directions:

I’ll look into the issue with Spamcop.net to see if we can do anything about it, but it’s probably something your corporate IT department can easily fix by whitelisting.

Kyle

Where did you see this? I checked our domains and IP addresses that are involved in that email system and could not find any on the blacklist at www.spamcop.net.

Did you have any questions about the Wifi settings or Easy Commissioning via SD card or USB drive?

Mimecast notified me about the email blockage (the signup email verification comes from SendGrid.net which is the blocked server xvfrqvdb.outbound-mail.sendgrid.net); however the change email verification did go through as it came direct from support@hms.how.

Thanks for the info on the SD card, we tried it out today and it worked without issue!

Hi @CapinWinky

Thanks for the update, let us know if you run into any other isseus

Topic closed due to inactivity.