S7-300 to Xgateway VIA Profibus DP not working

I am trying to pass information between a Siemens S7-300 via profibus DP using an anybus Xgateway “Ethernet IP + MBTCP + WEB Slave + IT_2port” I have configured my project in TIA portal v17 and am able to see that the gateway is successfully connected to the S7-300. This is confirmed on the Anybus Xgateway web interface when I look at the “general status” tab and the field “fieldbus status” says “online”. This is an office setup. I have the Anybus configured as128 bytes in and out for the DP side, status/control word disabled. The range of addresses in the Siemens PLC is words 300 to 427 for both the input and output.
When I write to word 300 and 320 I do not see the values on the monitor web page table, they are all zero. A snapshot of the general status data is as follows(the cycle counter changes with each refresh)
Existing Status word 8103
Cycle Counter 8
Error Counter 1
Master Operation Mode Stop
Module Status Initialised
Fieldbus Status On-line

Is there something else I need to do on the gateway to get the master operation mode from stop to run ? Or is this not required ?
Where could my problem be ?
Is there another way to monitor the address space in the gateway ? (It is limited to only bytes 0-63 … I would like to all 128)

Thanks

Hi Jim,

Unfortunately, a lot of the documentation for the Profibus X-Gateways is regarding STEP7, but we do have a video regarding how to set up the Profibus connection in TIA portal here: https://www.anybus.com/docs/librariesprovider7/default-document-library/videos/hms-how-to-setup-a-profibus-dp-connection-in-tia-portal.mp4

The device used in the video is the Communicator, but everything about TIA Portal is exactly the same. Take a look at it and let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Kyle