Sending Cosy 131 to China

Hi
We sent a pre-configured (i.e. set it up in the US) eWON cosy 131 with our technician to China. After install it was not “Online” in eCatcher. The technician said the internet @ LED was green but the T2M LED was amber. I ended up using the technician’s laptop connected to LogMeIn through a cellular hotspot to go through the eWON setup wizard again. After going through the setup wizard (while connected locally in China) it came “Online” and everything worked as expected. Question…

• What are the possible causes why it was not available in eCatcher as originally configured in the US? We had done this once previously and it worked fine. As far as I know we didn’t do anything different during the setup in the US.
  • Should we be able to configure it in the US and then have access to it after install in China? This is a major requirement for us using the eWON. We don’t always have technician local in China that can plug into it to go through the setup. When we deliver a new machine (we are an OEM machine builder) we want remote access to it without having to do the setup locally in China.

Thanks!

@rwflower

Yes, you are able to configure it in the US and then have access in China without re-running through the Talk2M wizard. The device detects it’s in China and will switch over to the Chinese VPN server automatically.

Can you please provide your eCatcher account name? I can take a look to ensure this feature is enabled (it’s enabled by default)

Vaportech

@rwflower

Yes, your account has this feature enabled as expected.

Did you look at the logs on the device before running through talk2m wizard? It’s going to be difficult to troubleshoot the device now that it’s working.

No by the time we established the connection through the cellular hotspot and remote access program we were running out of time and just focused on getting it working. Are there any particular set up steps we need to pay special attention to in order for installation in China to work with a device that was originally set up in the US?

@rwflower

There are no particular or special steps. Sending a pre-configured device to China should work without issue if the site is providing it a valid internet connection and not restricting an openVPN tunnel on the required ports.