Sending data on triggered tag

i have wrote a script to send data on a triggered tag and i a trying to figure out how to tell if it is working. I am using esync and xlreporter to catalog the data. I can see the current data only in the xlreporter and cannot see a change in the tag history.

@kevin

Is historical logging enabled for the tags that you want to record? Additionally, you can check in the event logs to see if data is successfully being sent to eSync. The event log would be “esync-End of Data management export”. You may have to change the logging level to “trace”.

@ashley_hms I am getting a “request was refused by the server”

It sounds like there may be a firewall on the server that is blocking the eSync requests. Is there a firewall software on that server, including Windows Firewall?

@ashley_hms yes. you personal remoted in and configured it for me

Are the firewall rules still enabled? There may be additional software that has been newly installed.

@ashley_hms yes… nothing has changed

Could you PM me some TeamViewer credentials so that I could log in and take a look?

I PM’ED YOU

Update on this thread: we needed to set up an ONCHANGE event listener in the INIT section for the trigger tag and have it go to a script section to check the tag’s value, and if set to 1, log the designated tags and synchronize with eSync.

Thanks for letting me remote in and check out your script, @kevin. Let us know if you run into any other hurdles!

@ashley_hms
i noticed today that it is logging all the time. Also, when I try to log data it never shows up in the same line? Any ideas.

@kevin

I wouldn’t be able to say without remoting in and seeing the script–has anything changed since we last worked on this?

I don’t understand what you mean by showing up in the same line. Can you clarify? :slight_smile:

when i move eSync data to xlreporter it shows up on different time lines. i am taking four tags to a spreadsheet and displaying them in columns and displaying data vertical using a time stamp

Is it only showing up this way in XLReporter? Also, for the constant logging, did you disable the regular sync in the data management settings under system configuration, net services?

The upload interval should be set to 0 if you’d like to only send data based on the trigger tag.

Upload interval is set to 0

After speaking privately, we discovered the eWON is syncing correctly and the data is showing incorrectly in XLReporter. Kevin is going to contact support for XLReporter for assistance.

@kevin

Glad to hear eSync is syncing correctly. I’d love to hear back once you speak with XLReporter so that in the future we can attempt to assist with situations like these.