Server communication error: peer not authenicated

For the last few days I have been getting the error when trying to log into eCatcher 6.3.5. The other people in my company don’t seem to have this issue and I am wondering what else to check to fix this.

It has occasionally let me in but the vast majority of the time the message pops up and it is becoming a big problem. Like I said, I don’t know what could be different between my computer and my coworkers.

@jcarriveau

The peer not authenticated error may mean you don’t have internet access or the network is blocking traffic to our access server. Additionally, it could be software on your PC restricting traffic to the eCatcher software.

If you connect to a phone hotspot and disable other networks, does this issue still occur? It’s possible your colleagues may be using a guest wifi or different network than you are in the building. If they are using the same network, and not using a proxy then I would get with your IT department to determine which software may be restricting traffic.

Hi @jcarriveau.

Have you been able to resolve this communication issue or are you still seeing the issue when connecting via eCatcher?

Regards,
Chris

I am still seeing the issue however we think that it may be something on our end. Turns out, I am in a “test” group for IT settings that may be the reason that I have the issue whereas others in my company do not.

We are working towards figuring out what setting is causing the problem but so far no luck. Is there anything you can think of that we should need to open up for the group I am in in order to resolve this? Any ideas would be appreciated by my IT department, I’m sure.

Thanks,

Jason Carriveau

If you are seeing the ’ Server communication: peer not authenticated ’ error then you will most likely need to get your IT department to allow traffic to our access server.

Other causes of this error may be that your company network is using a proxy or you don’t have an internet connection.

Access server info below:

Access Server
Server IP Hostname Port(s)
92.52.111.210 as.pro.talk2m.com 443

For more information on which ports and our VPN servers, please see the following topic: