simplyCAN - python

Hello,
I’ve bought your simplyCAN product.
After downloading driver for Windows from yout product page I’ve tried to start BusMonitor.exe app but my antivirus blocked it and put it in quarantene.
Second problem I’m facing is with python wrapper. I’ve tried to execute demo.py script (from sample folder) and got ImportError: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
I’m new at this and would appreciate your help.

Tanks in advance

Thanks for that information. Please disable the anti-virus or whitelist the program. If you have questions about how to do that, you will have to contact the AV vendor.

The second error could be due to the first. Please resolve that and try again.

Hi,
thank you for your answer. I tried your suggestion and created an exception for the whole downloded folder and then the program and the provided demo example works fine.

I’m using Bitdefender Total Securty antivirus, which recognizes your software as malaware, and creating exceptions seams ok but, since I’m working on python-QML project for a customer, ment to receive data from CAN and displays them, and want to integrate it with your product, I must be sure that it is secure.

Is it possible that you investigate why this is happening and resovle this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @FanitaH,

I can investigate this some more with the developers and ask if they are planning to release a signed binary. I think this may be giving a false positive using heuristics because the program needs direct access to the CPU clock maybe or another reason? It is not flagged by BitDefender based on the hash as you can see below, only 5/73 AV engines flag it:

I will inform the developers. Thanks for the info.

Kyle

1 Like