Starter Kit with Profibus Module

Hi, I am trying to use the starter kit with the example host application. I have installed the transport provider on a Windows PC and I have the application running in a console window. The ST light on the module is on, OP is off. I am trying to map the module on to a Profibus network. What is the correct module rack configuration?

Hello,

What module configuration you are using depends on what is setup in the appl_adi_config.h file in the SDK. By default I believe this is the simple 16 demo which loops back 16 words of data. So you could try 32 bytes of data in each direction as a start.

Best regards,
Nick

Hi Nick,

The documentation and code would seem to suggest it is APPL_ADI_SETUP_SPEED_EXAMPLE that is set up by default.

Are there any modifications I need to make to the host application in order to initialize the PROFIBUS compactcom, the network diagnostics object for example? or should it just work “out of the box” without any modification as long as I have the PLC set up right?

Hello,

No modifications should be necessary for any of the networks, the SDK with the loaded example should run no problem.

If you continue to struggle, I do suggest you reach out to your local support office,

https://www.anybus.com/support/contact-support

With embedded troubleshooting things can be more complex, and the time difference can cause slow response times. Thanks!

Best regards,
Nick