Sting Equal to Null string

I need some help. I’m building email addresses for an email send. If some of the tags are blank I do not what to add a semicolon, so I added an if statement. But when I run this code below, even with the Send$ = “” line of code, I still get semicolon in the string. What am I missing?

Send$ = “”
If (Send$<>"") THEN
Send$ = Send$ + "; "
Endif

Hello, I am going to run some tests regardin the functionality of the of code you provided.

I do not see that Strings can be used for conditions in IF Statements. How is the code getting the email addresses?

Can you provide a backup with support files of the unit?

Interesting note… If I create the tags in the ewon tag table and use the @ symbol, it works?
So maybe it is a property of the local basic ide strings ($).

Send@ = “”
If (Send@<>"") THEN
Send@ = Send@ + "; "
Endif

Hello,

If you declare the variable before the IF statement to NULL, it will always reset to null be for the IF.

Every time you toggle the function, the SEND% is going to reset to null. SO that when it goes through the IF statement, your adding the ; to an empty string.

Here are is how I see if processing. Please let me know if I’m assuming wrong…

Send$ = “”
(Sets send to null)

If (Send$<>"") THEN
(Checks if Send is NOT equal to null, if not equal to null, then do the sub task)

Send$ = Send$ + "; "
(This step should not happen as send was null, so the semi colon should not be added.)

Endif
(the result should be send equal to null and it should not have a semicolon in it.)

You will need to change the qoutations of the Send$ = “”, the should be Send$ = “”. That’s the only problem that i found with your code. I have my set as:

Send$ = “”
If (Send$<>"") THEN
Send$ = Send$ + "; "
PRINT Send$
Endif

and it functions like it should.