Unable to Configure Ewon

I have an EC71330 00MA Ewon Cosy+ 131. Default IP is supposed to be 10.0.0.53. I am unable to connect to it or ping it. I’ve gone through the reset procedure multiple times and still no luck. Where do I go from here?

If you connect to one of its LAN ports (lit with green) and open eBuddy, does it appear in the list? If you don’t have it, you can download eBuddy here: Ewon Software Download | Ewon Technical Support

Make sure you’re connected to the LAN as by default, you cannot ping the device from its WAN port.

I can’t see it in eBuddy.

What LEDs are active on the Ewon? In normal function we’d expect to see a solid green PWR LED, a slow-blinking green USR LED, solid green LEDs on three Ethernet ports (the LAN ports), and a solid orange LED on one Ethernet port. The Ethernet ports also have activity LEDs that blink when there’s network traffic.

If the Ethernet port lights are on but the device isn’t appearing in eBuddy, can you make sure the Ethernet port you’re using to connect on your computer is working? Alternatively if you have another computer, can you try connecting the Ewon to that one instead?

LED pattern matches except that USR light comes and goes. It’ll be on steady for a bit, flash for a bit and then be off for a bit. Last week I had 2 Ewons. I configured the other one just fine. I’m also able to change the IP setting and connect to the PLC just fine. Therefore my ethernet port, switch, and cables are good. I did have an associate try configuring this Ewon with their PC and they couldn’t get it to register at 10.0.0.53 either.

Is there a way we can speed up this tech support process? I have a customer waiting for me to configure this.

Sorry for the delay. You can also submit a ticket at https://support.hms-networks.com/ for support.

Is there an SD card or USB drive inserted into the device? It’s unusual for the USR LED to change patterns like that unless the Ewon is doing something like trying to process files on a removable storage device.

If not, you can also try a recovery update using eBuddy to try to reset the Ewon and confirm that the computer can communicate with it in at least some circumstances. To do this, connect a computer to its LAN, open eBuddy, then go to Tools → Ewon Recovery. Enter the serial number, select the latest firmware version, then go to the final page for instructions on how to put the Ewon into recovery mode.

Finally got it to connect by going direct from the PC to the Ewon. Previously I was going through a switch that only contained the local controls network. I’ve configured Ewons through a switch previously.