Unable to connect to Flexy 205

Had a customer that reported having issues with a Flexy 205. The device stopped connecting to the T2M servers. After unsuccessfully attempting to have the customer connect to the device over the LAN, I asked them to send it to me so that I could be hands on with the unit. The unit does not have any modules connected (Cellular, Wi-fi, or IO). I went through the below process

• Removed from package and did and external evaluation.
    • No visible damage to the device.
  • Plugged in and powered up device.
    • Seemed to power up ok.
  • Plugged Ethernet cable from port 1 to Ethernet switch.
    • Unable to ping.
  • Plugged Ethernet cable directly from port 2 to PC.
    • Unable to ping.
    • Able to ping other devices so the device is still working as an Ethernet switch.
  • Plugged Ethernet cable directly from port 3 to PC.
    • Unable to ping ewon.
    • Able to ping other devices so the device is still working as an Ethernet switch.
  • Opened eBuddy, does not recognize the ewon as connected.
  • Attempted second level reset (factory reset).
    • After powering up still unable to ping ewon.
    • eBuddy still unable to see the ewon.
  • Attempted use of a recovery firmware update via sd card.
  • Attempted use of firmware update via sd card.
  • Attempted use of eCatcher to configure T2M settings via sd Card.
  • Attempted to plug in internet connection to port 4 but never got T2M light to come one and never saw the ewon come online via eCatcher.
  • Attempted to use eBuddy to eWON recovery.
    • Was unable to complete this action.

Comments: All LAN ports appear to be connected to make up an Ethernet switch. All ports functioning to some degree since I was able to ping from port 2 (PC)->port 1->unmanaged switch->other device and port 3->port 1-> unmanaged switch->other device . No ports seem to have reachable IP address. After connecting internet to port 4 the WAN port also does not seem to be working properly. Unsure of what could have caused this or what further steps to take.

Is there anything else that I can do or try in order to connect to the device? Is there any known internal or external conditions that would cause the device to stop working in this way? Customer is hesitant to order a replacement as they do not understand why the device stopped working.

What are the device’s LEDs doing? Normally there should be solid green PWR and slow-blinking green USR once it’s booted, plus solid green/orange on each LAN/WAN port and a corresponding activity LED, with other LEDs off unless indicating something (like a connection to our servers).

Does this line up with what you see on this device? What about when carrying out a second level reset - does the USR light flash as you would expect in this process?