Unifi access point clients for EWON Flexy 205?

I’ve got the Flexy 205 & an unmanaged switch (Antaira 18 port). I added two Unifi access points with power over ethernet–mainly so my end users can also get on the internet with their laptops. I can’t find the AP’s on the network, however.

Are there firewall settings or other adjustments that I can make in the 205 or are these components incompatible? The eBuddy software on a plugged in PC is able to find the Flexy 205. Thanks in advance.

Can you clarify, are you trying to connect the Flexy 205 to the WiFi and can’t see the SSID (network name)?

Do you know if the APs have the 2.4GHz band enabled?

Hi & thanks for helping. To uplink from the 205 to the internet, I’ll use EWON’s 4G AT&T modem accy. & antenna. I may need help with that later :-/

Returning to the topic at hand: I’d like for the Unifi access points to be downlinks from the 205–so computers can get onto the “Local Area Network” over wifi. Then once I get the 4g modem working, the clients should also benefit from internet access alongside their IIOT equipment.

The AP’s are new with all factory defaults; I think the 2.4 & 5 Ghz bands are both enabled by default. After posting my topic, I connected one of the AP’s to a residential style router/switch, then I ethernet cabled my Windows 10 computer into another port on the router. The Unifi “controller” software on my computer did find the AP & was ready for me to configure it.

When I tried to do the same thing using the same cables, the EWON gateway & unmanaged switch, the Unifi software couldn’t find the Unifi AP’s. Your eBuddy software was able to find the 205. Could a setting in the 205 be blocking it from assigning IP addresses to my access points?

I’m not experienced with EWON products or with IIOT, sorry. This first 205 was built into a high end battery system that I’m reselling. I could ask my battery folks for help but I thought I should educate myself a bit first. Various bits of energy hardware will connect to the unmanaged switch via ethernet cables. Those wired connections are of primary importance. I thought it would be easy to add the two wifi radios as additional downlinks, but maybe not.

I trust this explains more fully. I’ve only now become aware of the Anybus Bolt, but I’ll do some homework on that while awaiting your further response. Sincere appreciation from Mick.

OK thank you for clarifying.

The FLB3271 can only be used as a WAN interface on the Flexy, but as you alluded to at the end, what you are trying to do is a good role for the Anybus Bolt, which can be used to connect to the LAN network. You can actually use a Bolt instead of an AP, since it has all the functionality of an AP as well. There is a Wizard built-in to the Flexy for configuring the Bolt, which makes it very easy.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!