Urgent -Please contact

Good afternoon,

Are you able to assist a client with the following:

Setup support requested, for a Flexy 205 and 4G module,

They have VPN connection working however they are trying to program their controller (Eaton XV303) on the LAN side of the Flexy from a remote notebook PC using the Codesys programming software but the software cannot see the controller

Are you able to contact

Chris Blackburn

Afternoon, support!

talked to someone very helpful yesterday and got the initial problems resolved. Another one came up today though. Trying to view values in the Flexy over modbus, the Flexy isnt showing an error while reading the register but the value is always zero. Im pretty sure i have Codesys configured properly and the variable is mapped to the right register however it always reads zero in the Flexy.

thanks for the help

Hi @risky,

I was helping you the other day, do you know if your Codesys has any kind of offset or maybe a different slave address?

You could try and measure what it’s outputting with something like Chipkin’s Modbus CAS Scanner as a 3rd party modbus scanner and see if that device is able to read it as well. Then we’d be able to narrow down if it’s an issue with the Flexy or an issue with the Codesys.

http://www.chipkin.com/files/resources/Installer_CAS%20Modbus%20Scanner.exe

-Tim

Hi @Tim_hms

I got communication late yesterday night, I can see the proper registers now and write to them, however a new problem has come up. I can only change the value in the program from the ewon now, i have no control at the plc. When i set the value in the ewon that value is overwriting anything i set in the plc. I quickly tried making the value read only in the ewon but it changed nothing. I encountered this late last night so im only now getting started on figuring it out but if you have anyone there familiar with how the flexy interacts with codesys and they have any insights that would be great.

Thanks
-Chris

Hi Chris,

If you disable the ewon’s publish ability are you still unable to write to the registers through the PLC?

it didnt change the situation when i changed that setting. I think i know whats happening now though. I linked the tag in the flexy to the holding register 40001, in the plc the register is linked directly to the variable from my value slider. The flexy is overwriting the value in the holding register after the plc does its write to the register. After changing the tag in the flexy to the 30001 register and linking that to the value slider in codesys, it wasnt writing to the register anymore it was just reading it and that solved my problem, however if in the future we want to tell the plc to do something from the flexy, is there a way to tell the flexy to only write a value once then leave the number alone and just read it until the value is changed specifically from the flexy?

Can you send us a backup.tar file of the device with support files included from eBuddy? Then we can try and debug this issue a little further.

-Tim

Topic closed due to inactivity.