URGENT - POST commands are not being delivered by M2U system

Hello,

Several months ago we changed from sending out e-mail alerts to using scripted POST commands to inform our central service group of warnings and faults in our remote equipment. The POST commands are sent to and processed directly by our web server. We have been using the M2U service to accomplish this.

This morning, at about 2:25am Central Daylight Time (7:25am UTC), we stopped receiving all POST messages from all sites. We have verified that the scripts are still running, and the script log shows that messages are being sent out (in theory). However, we are no longer receiving them on our web server.

Currently, our entire automated network of status updates is non-functional.

Please verify that the M2U service is functional, and try to isolate why we are no longer receiving these POST commands.

@mitchell.hein

Are you getting any errors on any of the units? Can you upload a backup here so that I may take a look at the eWON directly? You can simply drag and drop the .tar file (including support files) into the text editor here.

Update - Based on certain reports this appears to be an issue with M2U. The server team is actively reviewing and should have a resolution soon.

1 Like

As of 9:33am CDT, we began to see POST messages on the log of our web hosting server.
Since then, we received word from the technical support group for Talk2M that the issue has been resolved.
I consider this issue solved.
THANKS!

1 Like

Today we realized that only about half of the POST messages are being delivered to our web server.
It isn’t limited to a single site.
It appears there are still problems with the M2U system.

@mitchell.hein

Please see your private messages. I need a bit more info.

This issue was caused by a Talk2M outage that occurred around this time. After subsequent refreshing of the connections all devices began to function appropriately.

Will this continue in the future, or have they resolved this issue entirely?

@mitchell.hein

This issue would have been resolved in its entirety then. As we had discussed via private message, the root was a wide-spread outage affecting Talk2M. The root cause of that had been resolved.