USB-to-CAN V2 Professional Datasheet

Hi,

Where is the datasheet for the USB-to-CAN V2 Professional device. I’m trying to see which pins are used on the DB9 connector to send CANHigh/Low.

Thanks,

Brad

@bradshelton

The pinout can be found below:

pinout

Additionally you can find this information and more in the USB to CAN user manual.

https://www.ixxat.com/docs/librariesprovider8/default-document-library/products/can-pc-interfaces/usb-to-can-v2-manual-english.pdf

Hello Jordan,

The application/driver provides ~ 98% of the frame contents. The CAN controller adds a start of frame bit in the header, the CRC at the end, and handles the ACK. For the header this is just the SOF bit.

The header is comprised of the SOF bit, the ID ( and this depends on 11 or 29 bit), the field that indicates if 11 or 29 bit IDs, the RTR (return request), a reserved bit, and the data length code. The driver/app sets ID, ID length, RTR, data length code. The SOF and reserved bit, are added automatically. I think the reserved bit is used to indicate CAN FD or CAN.

Did this answer the question?

@ian_hms

Thank you for your answer here.

@bradshelton

Does the above response from @ian_hms answer your question?

Hi, @ian_hms ,

Yes this is helpful. Let me get just a little more specific. In your CANanalyzer Mini program, the user is controlling the ID, Extended Format, and Data bits as highlighted in the picture below. Is that correct and your device send all the other non-highlighted bits?

Thanks,

Brad

Hello @bradshelton ,
The user also sets DL0-4 when they chose the data length, Request Remote bit when they check (or uncheck) the RTR box, and users set the Reserved bit by selecting CANFD or classic CAN - this is done in the settings option menu.

1 Like