Usb to serial

Hi there, I am Using usb to can p/n 1.01.0087.10200 on Vci3 and I can`t see It as Usb To Serial Port, how I can to use it as Usb to serial?

Hi @tsdantas01,

Sorry, I was having issues finding that part number, does it look like this device? https://www.ixxat.com/technical-support/pages/can-interfaces?ordercode=1.01.0281.12001

-Tim

Sure, is the same model it doesn’t show the firmware version on vci4 flashloader.
Have you the firmware for upload on this program?

Hi @tsdantas01,

After checking with my colleague, it seems like there’s no way for a usb to can to be used as a usb to serial adapter.

-Tim

hello Tim,
How I told above I have an Usb-to-Can reference 1.01.0087.10200 and I did try to update from v1.5 to 1.6 version and it stuck. Then no more detect on the vehicle and the serial number is empty on the field. the official document recommends get to the original firmware from email ‘support@ixxat.de’ and they reply to ask from here.
the serial number label`s is HW107770.

Hi @tsdantas01,

Can you tell us who you were talking with at Ixxat as well as if you’re using windows 7/8/10 and what version of the VCI drivers you’re currently using?

I’m just trying to get a little more context on this device and the firmware revisions that you’re talking about.

-Tim

Hello @tsdantas01
From now on, I´ll be helping you with this issue, can you please sen me a picture of your device and the label info?

Sure.

I understand you tryed to update the firmware version of your device, what version of windows are you using right now? and what version of the VCI you have?

I tried on win 7 and 10 For now on vci 4.0.598

How I can restore the serial number, exchange The format from HWXXXXXX to 100xxxxxx for use our project?

What software are trying to use the device with?
can you tell me more about your project?

I am trying to use BRP buds.

Hello.

Unfortunetly we can´t help you with the procedure you want to perform, and the reason ins that we manufacture the hardware for BRP, but they use their own software.
I think you have to contact BRP to see if they can share with you the firmware you want to load to your device.

Greetings.